Senior Platform Engineer at Tessian (London, UK) (allows remote)
Location: London, UK
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-09-03 05:00:49
The Platform Team at Tessian
Read more about Engineering at Tessian: https://stackoverflow.com/jobs/companies/tessian
We're looking for Senior Platform Engineers.
We're looking for an experienced SRE or “DevOps” to join the Platform Team at Tessian. The Platform Team is responsible for defining and operating the infrastructure upon which our development teams and customers depend. Why is this role exciting?
- We have plans for fast growth in terms of customer numbers and our Engineering team.
- We have an ambitious product vision and a strong team determined to execute on it.
- We solve hard problems - scale, big data (Spark/EMR), security, large databases (PostgreSQL, DynamoDB) and complex integrations.
What are our current and upcoming projects?
A large migration from AWS ECS to Kubernetes.
- In the past few years it has become clear to us that using AWS ECS is slowing us down. We have an ambitious goal to migrate most of our platform to Kubernetes by the end of the year, with an aim of speeding up our engineering teams.
Bolstering our security and deployments for Enterprise
- We intend to close more enterprise deals and have a plan to do it. A key project we plan to start will be creating a deployment method that allows us to maintain developer velocity whilst also giving reassurances to security conscious customers.
Keeping the lights on as we scale to bigger customers
- A crucial part of this role is to ensure that our systems remain reliable and working with engineering teams to drive quality and solve problems.
What will your responsibilities be?
- Support the vision and execution for the infrastructure for a fast growing missing critical SaaS product.
- Short term technical delivery within the team as well as setting the long term vision.Note that this does not include line management.
- You will work with the Head of Engineering and many stakeholders (tech leads in other teams) to define your team’s roadmap.
- Day to day operation and security of the platform comes under you, with a focus on empowering other teams to improve their velocity.
We'd love to meet someone who:
- Has at least 4 years of AWS and “DevOps” experience
- Is a great problem solver who takes pride in their work.
- Enjoys building scalable and resilient systems, with a focus on systems that are robust by design and suitably monitored.
- Has strong experience managing a range of production applications in a distributed and highly available AWS environment.
- Has experience with and is opinionated about containerization (Docker) and a container orchestration system (e.g. ECS/Kubernetes).
- Has experience with infrastructure as code (Terraform).
- Has a deep understanding of Linux operating system and administration skills, and shell-scripting skills.
- Has a deep understanding of server/network security concepts and implementations.
- Programming knowledge, preferably Python.