Software Engineer at Flock Safety () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-09-03 05:01:09
Eliminate Crime. Build Community.
Flock Safety provides the first public safety operating system that empowers private communities and law enforcement to work together to eliminate crime. We are committed to protecting human privacy and mitigating bias in policing with the development of best-in-class technology rooted in ethical design, which unites civilians and public servants in pursuit of a safer, more equitable society.
Our Safety-as-a-Service approach includes affordable devices powered by LTE and solar that can be installed anywhere. Our technology detects and captures objective details, decodes evidence in real-time and delivers investigative leads into the hands of those who matter.
While safety is a serious business, we are a supportive team that is optimizing the remote experience to create strong and fun relationships even when we are physically apart. Our flock of hard-working employees thrive in a positive and inclusive environment, where a bias towards action is rewarded. Flock Safety is headquartered in Atlanta and operates nationwide. We have raised approximately 250M in venture capital including a recent Series D round by Andreessen Horowitz. Now surpassing a 1B valuation, Flock is scaling quickly and seeking the best and brightest to help us meet our goal of eliminating crime in the United States by 25% in the next three years.
About the opportunity
As a Software Engineer working on the Deliver Experience and Fleet Management team you will be able to directly impact how customers get delivery of the products they purchase and how Flock ensures those products stay online and capture evidence. Making our Delivery Experience a competitive advantage is a top 3 priority for Flock. Keeping our evidence capturing devices online consistently is key to our core mission of eliminating crime. This job is perfect for a developer who likes working across the full stack with a focus on front end development working on applications that directly impact the cores values and growth metrics of Flock.
Some challenges you’ll tackle
- Work across a variety of applications and technologies, front end applications for planning camera installations, reviewing installations, and managing devices all written in React
- Work directly with technicians, UX, and product to understand the use cases and ensure a high quality user experience
- Develop features and improvements to the current flows for installing new Falcons
- Add support for new product lines coming out in 2022
- Code reviews and support for other developers that contribute to the install code base
- Experience working in recent web technologies, Angular, React, etc. (We use React)
- Comfort in turning UX designs into reality
- Comfortable with getting into the backend, experience writing web services in any language (We use Node primarily)
- Experience in owning user stories end to end, front end to back end
Why join the Flock?
When you join the Flock, you are joining a diverse team of passionate, ambitious, intelligent people that put team over self. We offer competitive salary (commensurate with experience), equity in the company, take what you need vacation policy, and the opportunity to grow your career at a fast-paced, high growth mission-driven startup. We genuinely care about the well-being of our employees both in and out of the office and understand the importance of work/life balance. We’d love for you to join us in the fight to eliminate crime, one community at a time.