Software Engineer, IoT Manufacturing (m/f/d) at tado GmbH (München, Deutschland)
Add To BookmarksCompany:
Location: München, Deutschland
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-09-07 05:01:00
Why work at tado:
- Be part of our international and multicultural team of people from 42 nations
- Contribute to shaping our next generation Smart Home IoT products & services which help the world save energy.
- Be empowered: Rather than telling you what to do, we want you to tell us what to do.
- Grow personally by learning from your highly-skilled and dedicated colleagues and through frequent feedback.
- Follow, promote, and improve our agile, lean development process with a focus on deep understanding of the problem and minimal, but high-quality solutions. We iterate frequently, and limit the work in progress to learn on a daily basis whether we are really adding value for customers and our business.
- Scale with us: Our customer base and number of deployed devices grows by a 50-70% every year. Help us design our processes and devices to be ahead of this growth.
Your daily business will involve:
- Bringing new products to life in the factory: developing necessary interfaces and changes together with our SW & HW teams and setting up the production flow
- Establish continuous compatibility of the firmware SW stack with the manufacturing counterpart by developing automated checks
- Ensuring continuous production flow through our 30+ fully remote administrable test stations (FT, EOL) deployed at our contract manufacturing partners
- Rapidly and continuously improving the current production processes analyzing the extensive data gathered by our deployed test stations
- Scaling our Python-based production software framework to the next level
- Collaborating with our contract manufacturing partner’s on-site Production Engineers to establish new processes and to scale production including automation of workflows and deployments
- Collaborating with both Embedded Firmware and Hardware Engineers to increase reliability and coverage for tests and to develop new ways of integration
- Analyzing and presenting engineering tradeoffs to other stakeholders within the company (eg. Supply Chain Management, Product Development Teams, ...)
- You are very strong in explaining complex topics in English, appropriately tailoring your delivery according to your audience.
- You actively search for opportunities to improve yourself, the working process, your team collaboration, and feedback mechanisms.
- Solid knowledge of Python and C
- General understanding of manufacturing processes for embedded systems, e.g ICT, FT, EOL
- Experience with RF Technologies is considered a plus
- Ability to reach our Munich lab if required
- Work remotely from anywhere. We value flexibility, so you and your team will decide together if and when in-person meetings are required. Any other time you can choose to work from anywhere you want, as long as you are available for pairing and video calls during our core hours from CET 9am to 5pm.
- Learning culture and learning support beyond what is needed for the job, e.g. we offer subsidized German language courses for relocators even though you will not need German for your work
- Discounted access to gyms and fitness offers through “Qualitrain”
- Health care services, such as skin cancer screening, flu vaccinations. We have also been amongst the first companies to offer a COVID-19 vaccination to all employees.
- 30 days of paid vacation and a company pension scheme to help with your retirement
- Competitive compensation package
Contact:Apply for this job