Full Stack Developer (Python) at Bromium UK Limited (Cambridge, UK)
Location: Cambridge, UK
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-09-09 05:00:30
We are looking for an experienced full stack developer to join our engineering team in Cambridge. You will be working on the Controller - a web-based management platform for our product.
The Controller provides security policy and software updates for the endpoint security product installed on the client PCs. It also receives status, events and threat data from these clients, including malware traces which are used to produce interactive visualisations in the Controller UI and summarised in reports. The Controller is deployed at scale, both on-premises at individual corporate enterprises with tens of thousands of clients, and in the cloud across multiple Amazon AWS instances. We’re looking to scale further, while also adding support for new products and enhancing existing features. There may also be an opportunity to work on other supporting cloud services where we make use of Go, PostgreSQL and AWS Lambda.
This role is ideal for a developer looking to take the next step in their career, though we would welcome applications from recent graduates who have Python back-end and Django experience gained from prior internships or commercial placements. We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefit package and career development opportunities. You'll work flexible hours - either from our brand-new Cambridge office or on a home/office hybrid basis if preferred.
To see what our engineering teams are working on, check out our technical blogs: https://threatresearch.ext.hp.com/blog.
- The API and UI backend (Python 3, Django, SQL)
- The background worker service / task queues (Celery)
- Front-end UI and data visualisation (ES6, Vue.js, D3, Sass, Webpack)
- Deployment to AWS
- Installation and upgrade on customers’ self-hosted, on-prem servers
- Unit tests, Selenium tests, automated installation tests, anything else we can have the CI system do for us
- Proven experience working with Python
- Successful experience of designing scalable web services
- Ability to debug and optimize complex queries
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
The following skills and attributes are a plus:
- Experience designing and deploying Cloud services at scale (we use Amazon AWS)
- Experience using task queue systems, such as Celery
- Knowledge of web security issues and how to design to avoid them
Bromium was acquired by HP Inc on 19 September 2019.
Inspired by the isolation principles of traditional virtualization, our team has created a game-changing technology called micro-virtualization to protect end users against advanced malware. Every task the user performs, such as opening a document or clicking on a link, is isolated in its own micro-VM, with access to just the resources required for that task, and existing just for the life of the task. Protection is thus provided through isolation, without relying on detection, hence reliably defending the user from polymorphic and even zero-day malware.
For more information, visit our website: https://www8.hp.com/us/en/solutions/business-solutions/security.html
Strictly no agencies