IT Senior Support SAP Database Consultant at SAP (Bucharest, Romania)
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-09-09 05:00:50
Requisition ID: 290269Work Area: Information TechnologyExpected Travel: 0 - 10%Career Status: ProfessionalEmployment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. Thats why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because its the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve peoples lives.
IT Senior Support SAP Database Consultant
Summary & Role Information:
One of our biggest customers has setup a transformation program called Journey to Cloud (J2C). A cornerstone of this transformation is to consume the entire SAP landscape as SaaS provided by SAP. In order to provide the right level of service, it has been decided to build a new team within ECS. The new team will provide an E2E service, working dedicated for our customer and operating the entire SAP landscape with more than 80 productive systems and several of the largest HANA-based systems (e.g. 2x24TB ERP scale-out).
Within the CDM organization we set up the Technical Service Management (TSM) team that operates on all levels for standard operations. In your new role, you will work as L3 support and in case of major incidents will support the fast restore of services. In addition, we will focus on proactive aspects to optimize and prevent harm from our environments. To achieve this a deep technical understanding of technologies and operation is required.
Key responsibilities and tasks:
- Work (7x8h) will include weekends or public holidays as required by the project(no night shift)
- Ensure high availability of customer service by supporting service restoration in critical situation and provide L3 level support
- Deep dive on issues, supporting delivery teams to perform and drive root cause analysis to completion
- Analyse current landscape setups and come up with proposals for improvement
- Collaborate with different teams from within the HEC organization and outside to ensure excellent customer satisfaction
- Ability to own, lead and coordinate operational tasks, customer escalations, process improvements.
- Mentor and Guide junior members of the team
Experience (Role Requirements):
- 5 years of experience as System Database Administrator / SAP Basis consultant or in a similar role - MUST
- Bachelors or masters degree Studentin Computer or Electronics & Communication Engineering / Computer science / Information Technology systems/ Computer applications / IT Business Systems
- Strong customer service focus, paired with analytical and solution-oriented thinking
- Knowledge of either the ABAP stack or non-ABAP stacks with excellent understanding of IT operations
- Knowledge on HANA and the underlying infrastructure is beneficial
- Good know-how on SAP Technologies, Products and cross dependencies like integration and communication.
- Ability to work in international teams and under pressure, constantly adding value to customer and within organization
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills to effectively communicate and escalate Issues.
About the team:
Enterprise Cloud Services (ECS) is part of the Product Engineering board area and consists of SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud (HEC) and Cloud Application Services (CAS). As private cloud managed services provider, HEC Delivery is offering a key aspect in the intelligent business transformation journey of our customers and by joining forces with CAS, we enter a new era of end-to-end service experience for our customers
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If youre searching for a company thats dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: [email protected] or [email protected], APJ: [email protected], EMEA: [email protected]).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.