Senior Engineering Manager at The LEGO Group (London, UK)
Location: London, UK
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-09-10 05:00:35
Our software engineers work in interdisciplinary squads each arranged around clear product goals with responsibility for delivery of their own product roadmaps.
You’ll spend your time supporting and coaching these software engineers and partnering with product owners in a squad to provide technical leadership - as well as working with other Engineering Managers to drive initiatives focused on improving our overall engineering practices.
This is a permanent role based in our London Hub near Chancery Lane station. Our colleagues are all currently still working from home and when the Hub re-opens fully, we will have a hybrid model allowing a split of working from the Hub but also working from home for a number of days per week where appropriate.
- You will support senior engineering management and the recruiting team to lead the hiring, onboarding and retention of diverse and talented software engineers
- You will work with product owners and architects to provide technical leadership within product squads and support the timely delivery of technical solutions
- You will work with other engineering managers to establish and advocate best quality engineering practices across the organization
- You will be an active contributor to the engineering leadership team and a role model for the LEGO Group ways of working and principles
Do you have what it takes?
- You are excited about helping others reach their goals and becoming the best engineers that they can be
- You have a deep understanding and are a passionate advocate for modern software engineering best practices
- You are a highly technical, hands-on software engineer
- You have solid understanding of at least one of
- microservices - our event-based services layer utilises Node.js and the Serverless Framework and is built mainly on the AWS Serverless stack
Play your part in our team succeeding
Working closely with product owners, architects and software engineers, our Engineering Managers are a vital part of the LEGO.com engineering team. We have implemented a modern front-end stack based around Node.js and React with a cloud native serverless back-end and we use platform to design, build and operate LEGO.com.
Join the global LEGO® family
Children are our role models. Their curiosity, creativity and imagination inspire everything we do. We strive to create a diverse, dynamic and inclusive culture of play at the LEGO Group, where everyone feels safe, valued and they belong.
The LEGO Group is proud to be an equal opportunity and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
We support our employees in being there for the moments that matter in life and celebrate families of all kinds, the loved ones that make us who we are. Being part of the LEGO Group also means taking part in our annual Play Day, playing a part in building a sustainable future and continuing our mission to “inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow.”
The LEGO Group is fully committed to Children’s Rights and Child Wellbeing across the globe. Candidates offered positions with high engagement with children are required to take part in Child Safeguarding Background Screening, as a condition of the offer.
Thank you for sharing our global commitment to Children’s Rights.
Build your career brick by brick at the LEGO Group.