QA Automation Engineer at Just Eat Takeaway.com (Enschede, Netherlands)
Location: Enschede, Netherlands
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-09-10 05:00:36
Just Eat Takeaway.com is the world's leading online and mobile food ordering company, dedicated to connecting consumers with their favorite local restaurants. The people who work at Just Eat Takeaway.com are our company's greatest asset; each person plays an integral part in building tools and technology that help connect and transact our consumers and restaurants - at scale.
What you will do:
- You are responsible for developing well-engineered, robust, cutting-edge, high quality software solutions and platforms, in line with business needs and strategy and in accordance with the project plan, specifications and IT standards.
- Owning the quality of the respective deliverables.
- Build IT solutions and platforms to ensure customer satisfaction and/ or contribute to profitability of Just Eat Takeaway.com. These are some of your responsibilities:
- Design, code and test technical solutions independently, according to pre-determined specifications
- Understand the wider technological landscape and how changes will have an impact
- Ensure failures are minimised
- Develop specifications
- Identify system deficiencies and recommend standard/simple solutions
- Work independently and coach less experienced colleagues
- Understand stakeholder needs, anticipate stakeholder needs and present potential solutions
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a talented and detail-oriented QA Automation Engineer to join our Enschede team! Here you will have the opportunity to challenge your inner limits and be a part of an innovative team. In your role you will coordinate and carry out automated tests for our applications in an agile working environment. You will create, update and maintain test documentation and test plans. You will assist the team in risk assessment prior to releasing new versions and analyze incoming defects for validity and severity.
Can you deliver?
- You have 3+ years of hands-on working experience in software testing
- You have experience working with a software test automation framework (e.g. Appium or Selenium Web Driver, Rest Assured, Karate or equivalent)
- Experience with performance/load testing using some market consolidated tool (e.g JMeter, Gatling, k6, Locust, etc)
- Experience with CI/CD tools to create pipelines to run your tests and deploy applications is a plus• You are able to track issues using monitoring and logging tools (e.g. Instana, Graylog, Kibana, Splunk, New Relic, etc.)• You have great English communication skills (written and spoken)
- You approach your job with an open mind, both towards technologies as well as towards people•
- You relish working in a team and enjoy collaborating and sharing knowledge with your peers
- You are persistent and resilient – the more difficult the challenge, the more motivated you are to sink your teeth into it
- You are relentlessly curious and demonstrate initiative to continuously improve yourself and us
- Beneficial if you have experience with automation testing tools for basic modifications and execution as well as experience with Keycloak
Here's our offer:
- A place where your ideas are heard and where you can really grow and learn with your team
- A more than competitive salary with (long term) incentives in accordance with your experience
- Awesome teams and people, in a fast growing company
- Being part of a young, professional and truly international team
- The opportunity to learn new concepts and practice them in a safe environment
- The freedom to go where no one in our company has gone before
- Free drinks, fruit, several sports benefits and regular awesome team events
Technologies: Java, Microservices, Rest API, Selenium, Rest Assured, Karate or equivalent tool to perform API tests