Engineering Manager at NowPow (Chicago, IL) (allows remote)
Location: Chicago, IL
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-09-10 05:00:44
Who are we?
NowPow, whose name is a play on knowledge is power, is a women-owned and led technology business based on Chicago's south side. NowPow's multi-sided platform is a personalized community referral management solution that enables care professionals - social workers, physicians, justice workers - to manage and close the loop on health and social service referrals and directly support patients, members, and clients in their own self care. NowPow helps people get the care they need, whether they are managing chronic health and social conditions or just staying well.
NowPow is seeking an Engineering Manager to join our growing team. In this role you will manage our engineering team practices, coordinate with our engineering and product teams to deliver on our roadmap with quality and ensure that our customers are having the best possible experience. An ideal candidate should have experience managing one or more teams working on a SaaS platform, experience delivering solutions with Azure (or other cloud hosting platforms), significant experience with the Microsoft .NET stack, and experience working on a SaaS B2B platform. Experience in Healthcare technology is a plus.
- Manage your direct reports and own our engineering culture and practices
- Manage the junior engineers and prepare them for growth
- Ensure development best practices are followed to ensure the team produces high-quality, well-written, and tested code
- Create and manage processes to help the team do its best work and interface effectively with the rest of NowPow
- Build and grow top performing teams, including the hiring/firing, training, performance management, and professional development of your team members
- Drive and contribute to engineering-wide initiatives as a member of NowPow's engineering leadership team
- Define and measure metrics for our scrum teams
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to support and improve our platform
- Partner with our Architecture and Product teams to effectively deliver on our roadmap
- Collaborate on roadmaps with Product Managers and Technical Leads to ensure the team has clear direction and priorities and are meeting product requirements
- Own our release processes and schedules and review our progress with stakeholders
- Manage and monitor our cloud environment costs
- Own our DevOps processes, automation, monitoring, and performance
- Partner with the Engineering Lead on technical discovery for customers during scoping conversations
- Ensure our customers are having the best possible experience
- Manage our on-call rotation and processes
- Implement standards with our Security and DevOps engineer to secure and safeguard data to preserve its integrity, reliability, and availability and ensure compliance with our security standards
- Support the engineering team in achieving a high level of technical excellence and stability
- Partner with our Production Support team and manage the engineering Production Support escalation process to improve our support across our vertical teams
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science with 6+ years of experience as an engineer on the .NET stack
- Experience mentoring and coaching direct reports to their desired career goals
- Experience with small teams that move fast - all members are expected to be able to achieve maximum results with minimal direct supervision
- You have managed teams that build and maintain a platform at scale and that has delivered a great product with strong foundations
- You enjoy working closely with customers, both internally and externally
- You work very well cross-functionally, and can think rigorously and make hard decisions and tradeoffs
- You thrive on a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- You encourage a healthy work environment that is both supportive and challenging
- You are technical enough to ask engineers good questions about architecture and product decisions
- You have at least 4 years of engineering management experience
We work at NowPow because we care! NowPowers are passionate about our mission and are excited about the opportunities and challenges we face. At NowPow, we cultivate a culture of collaboration and respect, where everyone is a valued team member.
Our people and our culture are important to us and make working at NowPow special. We invest in the self-care of our team and provide competitive benefits to support this. We celebrate our successes every week with a company-wide happy hour on Fridays and recognize those who went above and beyond in their work. Outside of work, we have fun through company events such as laser tag, ice skating, and heading to the ballpark for beautiful weather and a baseball game - and look forward to being able to do so again!
We are looking for highly motivated and hard-working individuals to join our team and help us connect health care to self-care. Please apply now to join our growing team!
Equal Employment Opportunity
NowPow is an Equal Opportunity Employer. NowPow evaluates applicants for employment on the basis of qualifications, merit, and work-related criteria without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, citizenship, national origin, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, associate activities and general treatment during employment.