Head of Product Engineering at Supermetrics Oy (Helsinki, Finland)
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-09-11 05:00:07
It all started from a Google t-shirt.
In case we haven’t met before, here’s Supermetrics in a nutshell:
Supermetrics was founded in 2013 as a result of one data geek’s will to win a Google t-shirt. We have been profitable and growing ever since.We build products that are used by 400k people worldwide in small and big companies alike (BBC, Dyson, and Warner Bros, to name a few).We are a diverse community of curious minds and data geeks excited to build the best business data solutions ever. Kindness, humility, openness, and dedication to our respective crafts are our most prevalent traits. Why you will become an integral part of our team
The Head of Product Engineering oversees our Product Engineering group focusing on building, maintaining and expanding our many successful and hugely popular client-facing products. This currently includes three teams dedicated to our Data Studio, Google Sheets and Excel products. You will help focus, manage and grow the teams as well as products along with our Product Management team. Your technical voice will become a central voice in the future direction of Supermetrics.
We’d love to have you in our team and contribute by:
- Being a mentor and leader for three diverse teams of developers and helping them succeed and grow
- Using your excellent hiring skills to grow the teams. Technical teams at Supermetrics are designed to be as multi-skilled and as autonomous as possible.
- Being a strong technical voice for the Product Manager to be reliant upon especially in sprint planning and retrospectives.
- Using your excellent coding and testing skills to help advance the products to the next level.
- Using your deep experience to ensure quality, maintainability, testing and reliability.
- Using your excellent verbal and written communication skills to inform customers and the company on progress, do training and get feedback for the products.
- Using data-driven thinking to drive improvements in the products and technology.
- Being the voice and champion of these products across the company.
To thrive in this role, you need to have:
- Considerable hands-on experience with front-end development technologies and frameworks such as React, VueJS, and the equivalent.
- Ability to code at a high level and a solid understanding of object-oriented programming. Examples of good languages to know would be PHP, Java, Python and/or Typescript.
- Considerable hands-on experience developing applications for backend APIs (e.g. REST, RPC).
- Thorough understanding of source code management using Git or equivalent.
- Considerable experience in leading technical teams. Experience in leading a team of teams is a plus.
- Working as a technical leader in a product company would be an added benefit though not an absolute requirement.
The reason people love to work at Supermetrics is that all of us are working towards the same goals using our own individual strengths. We’re determined to achieve our vision of being the best business data pipeline company in the world. At Supermetrics, we have a warm atmosphere and very talented people to learn from. We take our work seriously but place a lot of value on having fun together as well. We recognize our team as our greatest asset and take good care of our people.
Want to learn more? You can check this link to get to know us even better.
In this position, we’d prefer you to work from our main office in Helsinki.