2 - Full Stack Web Application Developer (Front-end Focus) at Varen Technologies (Columbia, MD)
Location: Columbia, MD
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-09-14 05:00:28
We are looking for a Full-Stack Web Application Developer to produce scalable software solutions, with a focus on application front-end development. You will be part of a cross-functional team that is responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment.
As a full-stack developer, you should be comfortable around both back-end and front-end coding languages for web applications (some backend server development experience is a plus), development frameworks, and third-party libraries.
In particular, you should be familiar with AWS technologies that support web applications. Your focus will be on continued development, maintenance, and releases for a full-stack web application with occasional support for a backend server application. You should also be a team player with a knack for visual design and utility. If you’re also familiar with Agile methodologies, we’d like to meet you.
US Citizenship Required*
- Full-stack frontend development, testing, release and operations support within an Agile team
- Write and maintain clear, secure, extensible, and scalable code primarily within a Node.js/React stack; Java on occasion
- Collaborate with and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, release and support technical solutions in full-stack tools and technologies
- Work with product owners to understand desired initiatives and implement application capabilities
- Maintain knowledge of market trends and development in web application development frameworks and related, emerging technologies to provide, recommend, and deliver best practice solutions
- Develop and deploy web applications in an AWS environment
- Work with development teams and product managers to design software solutions
- Develop and manage well-functioning databases and applications
- Write effective APIs
- Extend and integrate with front-end applications
- Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software
- Create security and data protection settings
- Write technical documentation
The most successful candidates have:
- Proven experience as a full-stack frontend developer in a similar role
- 6+ years of overall experience in software development
- 1+ years of Java experience - preferred
- 2+ years of AWS experience specifically with services that support web applications and servers (Lambda, ECS, ECR, EC2, S3, SQS, SNS, Secrets Manager, CloudWatch)
- Hands-on experience with JIRA as a sprint planning/development and project management tracking tool
- Experience working with a Version Control system (preferably Git) - Developer level knowledge of CI/CD integration – using branching/merge approaches
- Experience in creating highly available and scalable infrastructure in AWS cloud by using various AWS services
Must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance. COVID-19 vaccines are required for staff supporting federal programs that are operated within a government facility. Hiring candidates with a permanent residence within commuting distance to Columbia, MD.