Senior Full Stack Engineer at Capital Group (Los Angeles, CA)
Add To BookmarksCompany:
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-09-14 05:00:54
Req ID: 41345 Location: Los Angeles, CA Other location(s): Los Angeles (CA); Seattle (WA) Relocation benefits offered: Yes Travel required: None"I can be myself at work."You define yourself by more than just a job title, and we want you to feel comfortable bringing your true self to work. We value your talents, your traditions and your take on the world everything that makes you unique. We're working hard to advance diversity, equity and inclusion in our organization and our communities because we know that what makes us different makes us better.We want you to feel a strong sense of belonging. We value and welcome your experiences, ideas and identity. Over 40 employee resource groups unite our people and help to develop our collective empathy through unfiltered conversations about race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, faith, disabilities, mental health and so much more."I can influence my income."You want to feel recognized at work. Your performance will be reviewed annually, and your compensation will be designed to motivate and reward the value that you provide. You'll receive a competitive salary, bonuses and benefits. Your company-funded retirement contribution will be the equivalent of 15% of your annual pay (including bonuses)."I can lead a full life."You bring unique goals and interests to your job and your life. Whether you're raising a family, you're passionate about where you volunteer, or you want to explore different career paths, we'll give you the resources that can set you up for success.
- Enjoy generous time-away and health benefits from day one, with the opportunity for flexible work options
- Receive 2-for-1 matching gifts for your charitable contributions and the opportunity to secure annual grants for the organizations you love
- Access on-demand professional development resources that allow you to hone existing skills and learn new ones
- You will independently implement new features in a highly collaborative work environment alongside product managers and fellow engineers.
- You will write legible, resource-efficient, and performant code.
- You will collaborate with business partners and internal customers.
- You will share technical solutions and product ideas through team planning, design review, pair programming, code review, and technical discussions.
- You will take on projects and make software enhancements that improve team software and processes, including design and documentation.
- While you are an agent of change with a sense of urgency, you are respectful of what came before.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience building production web applications with Python using packages such as flask, sqlalchemy, gunicorn, and redis-queue.
- Strong familiarity with the overall Python ecosystem including virtualenv, requirements management, and type hints
- Minimum 3 years' experience with a modern frontend framework such as Vue.js, React, or Angular.
- Experience with other modern programming languages like Java, C++, C# is a plus.
- Strong OO or Functional design skills with understanding of common design patterns.
- Knowledge of and experience working with data stores, SQL (PostgreSQL) and No-SQL (redis).
- Computer Science fundamentals including data structures, algorithms, and complexity analysis.
- Excellent knowledge of software engineering best practices (e.g. Agile software development, test-driven development, unit testing, code reviews, design documentation, etc...)
- Willingness and ability to own all stages of the development process: design, testing, implementation, operational support.
- Strong communication skills, ability to establish and maintain a close working relationship with distributed team members and business partners.
- Experience with AWS services (S3, containers - ECS & EKS, ElasticSearch, Lambda) preferred.