Software Development Engineer at SAP (Prague 5, Czechia)
Location: Prague 5, Czechia
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-09-15 05:01:12
What we offer
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from. Apply now!
Do you want to develop products and services that impact thousands of clients and millions of users around the globe? Are you ready to play a key role in defining and implementing services and solutions that have impact across our entire company? Do you dream of delivering excellence and driving innovation? If the answer is yes, then the Cloud Services team at SAP Concur is the place for you.
As a Software Development Engineer on our team you will:
- Solve complex problems and design systems that enable best-in-class operation of SAP Concurs cloud services and communications with our customers.
- Develop across the full-stack on a variety of technologies including Python/Flask, Node.js/Express, ReactJS, Redux, Docker containers and Kubernetes.
- Leverage the latest and greatest AWS Cloud technologies as you build and innovate.
- Embrace end-to-end ownership and DevOps practices: architect, design, code, test, deploy and monitor your software in providing direct value to our customers.
- Cooperate with other engineers and product owners in an ever-evolving, Agile environment.
- Learn, as we move fast and are unafraid to venture into the unknown.
- Be part of a team that owns products, tools and services that help other teams deliver better software and improve our relationship with customers.
In order to accomplish this you will need:
- A solid understanding and experience with software development principles and practices.
- A passion for maintaining high quality, robust and scalable services.
- Attention to details and strive for excellence in the quality of code you produce.
- A high degree of intellectual curiosity and a lack of fear for learning something new. You should be open to learning from others and also willing to share your knowledge with the team.
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- 2+ years of software development experience with a solid understanding of the full software stack
- Proven experience coding object-oriented and modularized software
- Experience building scalable, reliable and high-performing software systems
- Solid Linux and/or Unix skills
- Experience with RESTful API design and service operation
- Working knowledge of databases (SQL, NoSQL, Document)
- Experience with AWS as well as container technologies/Kubernetes
- Must have excellent verbal and communication skills
So who are we?
SAP Concur imagines the way the world should work, offering cloud-based services that make it simple to manage travel and expenses. Founded in 1993, SAP Concur services are used by 30,000 clients representing 27 million users in more than 150 countries.
We are SAP
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
Our inclusion promise
SAPs culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone regardless of background feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: Americas: [email protected] or [email protected], APJ: [email protected], EMEA: [email protected].
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Requisition ID:292295 | Work Area: Software-Development Operations | Expected Travel: 0 - 10% | Career Status: Professional | Employment Type: Regular Full Time | Additional Locations: