Ruby on Rails Engineer - Leading SaaS Provider of Casting & Audition Management at Casting Networks () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-09-16 05:00:06
Company: Casting NetworksPosition: Ruby on Rails EngineerHQ: Los Angeles, CA but this is a FULLY REMOTE opportunity - anywhere in the U.S or Canada
Casting Networks is the leading technology solution provider for casting and auditioning to the entertainment industry. Our software is used by thousands of casting directors in Hollywood and other places across the world on a daily basis. More than 1.2 million performers have used Casting Networks to schedule 14 million auditions since 2002.
The Ruby on Rails Software Engineer will play a critical role in developing new features, eliminating tech debt and maintaining our Casting Frontier web services. We have many exciting projects planned such as upgrading to the latest version of Ruby on Rails, and migrating our legacy PHP services to Ruby on Rails.
What’s in it for you?
- An opportunity to drive our Casting Frontier product forward and make a direct impact on revenue and customer satisfaction
- Gain exposure to modern CI/CD tooling such as Github Actions, Docker, Kubernetes and Harness
- Joining a collaborative environment where creativity and innovation are our priority. We are always excited to use the best technologies available to solve real world problems
- A front-row seat to the casting industry, insights and perspectives on how they work and the opportunity to build software that helps shape their future direction
You’ll need to have:
- 4+ years of solid experience with Ruby on Rails/HTML/CSS/JS
- Understanding of MySQL databases and data structures and Active Record
- Experienced with development using Docker containers
- 2+ years in working with AWS services such as ElasticSearch, Redis, Mongo, Memcached, and Cloudfront
- Comfortable working with DevOps methodologies with a focus on test driven development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexible schedule to overlap working our US based team members
We’d love to see:
- Experience with PHP and migrating PHP applications to Ruby on Rails
- Familiarity with VueJS or React
- Open mindset to receive constructive feedback and turning it into process improvements
- Willingness to help your teammates, share your knowledge and learn from them