Java Software Engineer / NLP (m/f/d) at Acrolinx (Berlin, Germany)
Location: Berlin, Germany
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-09-16 05:00:11
We're looking for a generally nice and smart Java Software Engineer, based in Europe, working remotely or from our headquarters in Berlin, Germany.
You and Your Role
- You’re an expert in core Java.
- You’re an explorer at heart and like to dive into different technology stacks.
- You don’t have to have a fully developed skill set, but you have an interest in quickly learning new stuff.
- You’re interested in working on a highly customizable and configurable platform for Natural Language Processing.
- You’d primarily write Java for our backend services and also take responsibility for getting your code out there to production.
- You enjoy DevOps and automation to increase integration and delivery efficiency.
You choose the developing tools and computer environment that you’re most comfortable with.
You have a knack for building the right product, modeling the right entities, or coming up with the best abstractions and concepts possible. You engage with your team in discussions. You can follow discussions in English well. You’re someone who enjoys sharing knowledge with teammates, asking for help, and providing support when they need it.
Your communication skills will be as important as your technical ones as collaborating remotely requires constant, clear communication and coordination. We use collaboration tools such as GitLab, Slack, Zoom, Google Workspace, and Confluence.
Maybe you’ve experience with technologies like Spring, JPA, or React, with tools like Maven, Gradle, or Git, with deployments to Kubernetes and a public cloud like AWS, Azure, or GCP. Or maybe you’re familiar with one of the 300+ open-source libraries that we use? Cool, we’re sure you’ll get a chance to apply your skills.
Your Work Environment
You’ll join an international team of friendly, dynamic people who are passionate about their jobs. Our tech-stack includes various programming languages and common frameworks as well as GitLab, AWS, Kubernetes, and more if we need it.
You can expect:
- A flat, informal hierarchy and quick decision-making processes.
- Support in getting up to speed.
- Teammates of all ages and backgrounds.
- A clear, concise company vision and mission together with a clearly defined set of company values.
But that’s not all! We also offer a family-friendly environment, flexible remote working options, sponsoring the monthly BVG ticket, Urban Sports Club membership, pension subsidy, and much more.
We strongly encourage diversity in our team and share a respectful and open mindset.
The core of our product is a linguistic engine, which analyzes written text—not just for spelling and grammar but also for good style and consistency. Just look at our list of happy customers, which include Google, Facebook, Microsoft, IBM, and Adobe. We also have customers of comparable size and impact in other industries such as the healthcare, manufacturing, and automotive.
Note: Due to COVID-19 interviewing, onboarding, and work will be fully remote to begin with. We’re committed to make this process go as smoothly as possible under these difficult conditions and support you with getting set-up and going.
Once it’s safe to do so, we’re planning on moving back to an office setting. We’ll stay remote-friendly and flexible even post-Covid. Fully remote will be an option.