Full Stack .NET Developer at Worldline (Sydney, Australia)
Location: Sydney, Australia
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-09-16 05:00:38
Who are you?
You are a software developer that is passionate about developing quality software. We focus on backend development, so good database, API and business logic layer skills are a must. You love being part of a team – and people love having you in their team. We aren’t interested in rock stars – we want to build great rock bands where everyone is a part of the successful end-result.
If you went to university, that’s great, but we are more interested in how you code, so if you are self-taught, attended boot camps or just spent a lot of time on YouTube, that’s also great. And we are more interested in where you want to head – so blow us away with your attitude and energy, your passion for your profession, and the way you make teams better by your presence.
Who is Worldline?
We are the biggest payments company you’ve probably never heard of. How big? How about the 4th largest payments company in the world! The biggest player in Europe, we are growing internationally, and Australia is one of our primary expansion markets.
Although Worldline is a huge company (20,000 staff world-wide), you will be joining a division small enough to still feel like family. In fact, that’s the word that lots of our team use to describe us. This is a non-negotiable part of who we are, and we are after people that have this at the top of their employer shopping-list.
What does Worldline do?
We make payments easy for customers big and small by innovating payment technologies and experiences. We are the company that powers your favourite online store, lets you pay your mobile phone bill online, donate to your favourite charity, or pay your rent securely.
Why would you want to work at Worldline?
- Our future is built around a modern tech stack, with a focus on Cloud and Microservices
- Our teams are full of the sort of people you want to work with – and that’s not by accident
- We have embraced ‘work from home’ – expect to only be in our Sydney CBD office 2-3 days a week if that suits your lifestyle
- We provide access to extensive training materials, such as Pluralsight and LinkedIn Learning, plus company support for study and certification
- We’ll help you quickly become an expert in the rapidly growing payments industry
- Regular team activities, both technical (Hackathons, Developer Guild sessions) and not-so-technical (monthly social events, even in lockdown!)
How will you know if this is the job for you?
- Ideally you have 5+ years’ development experience, but if you can show us how you’ve fast tracked your career and learning, we’d love to hear about it
- You will have strong full-stack development skills, including React and REST API
- You will have been part of an Agile team and worked in SCRUM
We need you to have the following skills:
- .Net Core Framework
- SQL Server
- Secure coding practices/OWASP
And it would be great if you had these as well:
- NUnit or other unit testing framework
- Splunk/New Relic
- Cloud development, ideally in AWS
You understand that software is written by teams, and you are willing to do whatever is needed to move the project forward.
You’ll also be ensuring we don’t cut corners – which means reviewing code, helping grow our best practices, writing useful documentation and doing all those modern essentials, like source-code management and CI/CD pipelines. And it means supporting what you build.
Everyone is a leader, so you will support your team members, find areas to own and grow, and build your non-technical skills, such as presentation and influencing skills. We want to maximise your horizontal career growth and set you up for your vertical career growth.
What should I do next?
If you are excited by what you have read and think that Worldline would be the right next career step for you, then don’t keep it to yourself – submit an application and we can setup a time for a chat.