Staff Engineer (f/m/d) at Forto GmbH (Berlin, Deutschland)
Add To BookmarksCompany:
Location: Berlin, Deutschland
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-09-16 05:01:03
Our CompanyWhat if... your work would empower change in an industry that essentially impacts the prosperity of the entire world? Forto is in business to exactly do that - disrupt logistics! Simplifying global trade has been our mission from day one. Our exponentially growing team of more than 550 technology and logistics experts, forge ahead each day with the goal to deliver a highly transparent, frictionless and sustainable digital supply chain.Our company is headquartered in Berlin, Germany, and currently has in total 12 offices across Europe and Asia, including Copenhagen, Hamburg, Ho Chi Minh City, Singapore, Hong Kong, and Shanghai. Leading manufacturers and e-commerce brands are among the 2.500 customers using Forto’s digitally-focused offerings as part of their supply chain delivery. Among the fastest growing logistic start-ups in Europe, Forto's recent investment round (June 2021) placed the company valuation at more than $1.2 billion.At our core, we are in love with progress and cannot cope with the standstill. We leave old paths and look for new roads. We are constantly striving for ways to be even better tomorrow. We are facilitators, we are explorers, we are visionaries. If you are looking for something extraordinary to work for - join the crew to become a part of our pioneer expedition.Your roleAs Forto's first Staff Engineer within a growing team of over 50 engineers, you will build our backbone that supports global scalability, reliable operations and a high degree of automation.
- work closely with cross-functional leaders to create quarterly objectives based on product and business goals.
- synthesize and drive team roadmaps for architecture and engineering over multiple quarters.
- lead engineering-wide initiatives, interacting with different teams and stakeholders.
- constantly improve the systems’ performance, development experience, and processes
- work on our existing systems using: NodeJS, ReactJS, Redis, MongoDB, Kubernetes, Docker, Google Cloud Platform, AWS plus many more.
- design, implement and maintain features.
- mentor engineers of different levels.
- be responsible for what you own, using DevOps mindset.
What you bring
- 2+ years of experience in the role of technical lead or comparable roles, preferably in a fast growing environment
- 8+ years of experience building systems using modern programming technologies and techniques
- Proven track record of creating a technical vision, building consensus, driving implementation, and achieving desired outcomes
- Ability to move independently between domains as needed
- Growth Mindset: You learn quickly and strive to improve every day; you can adapt to a fast-growing organization with constantly changing requirements
Why Us - You can look forward to
- Personal & Professional Development: Through strong ownership from the first day you will experience a steep learning curve, grow on a professional level and take the next steps to being an Expert or People Lead.
- Impact: We are leading the digital transformation of a whole industry and share a high awareness for environmental issues on all levels especially supported by our management.
- Team: Join a team of over 30 nationalities and different backgrounds from Tech, Logistics, Business and more. What really matters to us is a caring and welcoming environment where we embrace uniqueness and celebrate diversity.
- Working culture: Experience a company culture where we work on eye level, decisions are made quickly and knowledge sharing, as well as mentoring is on our daily agenda.