Senior Software Engineer (f/m/d) - Backend at Forto GmbH (Berlin, Deutschland)
Add To BookmarksCompany:
Location: Berlin, Deutschland
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-09-16 05:01:08
Our CompanyWhat if... your work would empower change in an industry that essentially impacts the prosperity of the entire world? Forto is in business to exactly do that - disrupt logistics! Simplifying global trade has been our mission from day one. Our exponentially growing team of more than 550 technology and logistics experts, forge ahead each day with the goal to deliver a highly transparent, frictionless and sustainable digital supply chain.Our company is headquartered in Berlin, Germany, and currently has in total 12 offices across Europe and Asia, including Copenhagen, Hamburg, Ho Chi Minh City, Singapore, Hong Kong, and Shanghai. Leading manufacturers and e-commerce brands are among the 2.500 customers using Forto’s digitally-focused offerings as part of their supply chain delivery. Among the fastest growing logistic start-ups in Europe, Forto's recent investment round (June 2021) placed the company valuation at more than $1.2 billion.At our core, we are in love with progress and cannot cope with the standstill. We leave old paths and look for new roads. We are constantly striving for ways to be even better tomorrow. We are facilitators, we are explorers, we are visionaries. If you are looking for something extraordinary to work for - join the crew to become a part of our pioneer expedition.Your roleAs Backend Engineer in our Broker Function, you build Forto's backbone that supports global scalability, while also discovering new ways of disrupting the logistics industry.
- disrupt global trade by working within our Broker function.
- build quoting and routing algorithms.
- process, aggregate and expose live tracking data from cargo ships, airplanes and more.
- enable and maintain a high degree of automation, thereby creating an opportunity for meaningful and challenging tasks for people rather than working on tedious manual tasks.
- design and build scaleable and extendable Software.
- explore and implement cutting edge software design patterns.
- mentor Engineers and enable team growth.
What you bring
- product thinking and ownership mentality
- experience building distributed backend applications
- hands-on knowledge and confidence with multiple modern programming languages
- experience with a variety of databases both within and outside the relational paradigm, e.g. MongoDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL
- insights into designing data streaming applications
- understanding of trade-offs between sync and async inter-service communication
- cloud application design, GCP is a plus
- professional attitude towards Software craftsmanship including testing
Why Us - You can look forward to
- Personal & Professional Development: Through strong ownership from the first day you will experience a steep learning curve, grow on a professional level and take the next steps to being an Expert or People Lead.
- Impact: We are leading the digital transformation of a whole industry and share a high awareness for environmental issues on all levels especially supported by our management.
- Team: Join a team of over 30 nationalities and different backgrounds from Tech, Logistics, Business and more. What really matters to us is a caring and welcoming environment where we embrace uniqueness and celebrate diversity.
- Working culture: Experience a company culture where we work on eye level, decisions are made quickly and knowledge sharing, as well as mentoring is on our daily agenda.