Senior Java Developer - SAP Commerce Cloud at SAP (Gliwice, Poland)
Location: Gliwice, Poland
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-09-17 05:00:20
What we offer
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from. Apply now!
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
SAP Enterprise Commerce organization is looking for highly skilled and motivated professionals to join a well-established and experienced product development team based in Gliwice!
The team purpose is to design and implement new features and improvements for the SAP Commerce Cloud core component. You can expect a lot of low-level backend Java coding, resolving complex problems and learning modern technologies to incorporate them into the product; all in close cooperation with our best experts.
The team is located in SAP Labs Poland office in Gliwice city center and while we still believe in the benefits of working together in a single physical location, the recent months taught us the teams know the best how to collaborate effectively also in remote (online) setups. Therefore, we are open to remote candidates as well.
SAP Commerce Cloud is a market-leading e-commerce platform with hundreds of enterprise customers worldwide, built by over 20 development teams spread across the globe.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
As Senior Java Developer you will:
- Develop Commerce components using mainly Java, Spring framework, Git and Maven, with a little bit of Go and Angular.
- Contribute to providing a high-quality code by following the best practices and design patterns.
- Work as a part of a cross-functional, Agile development team, embracing the Scrum approach.
- Design and write automated unit, integration and acceptance tests in close collaboration with a dedicated QA.
- Actively drive non-functional requirements in such areas as performance, security, continuous integration, migration and compatibility.
- Design, build and operate highly scalable cloud solutions.
- Collaborate with members of the product development department across multiple international locations.
- Share and discuss your ideas with your team, department and the management.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
Required skills and experience:
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in quantitative field preferably Computer Science or a related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 7+ years professional experience in software development
- Proven, rich experience in Java and Spring framework programming, detailed knowledge of JVM optimization, tuning, debugging, etc.
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing technologies, frameworks, etc.
- Ability to clearly explain technical problems and deeply understand business requirements.
- Capability and willingness to work as a part of a self-organizing team.
- Proven experience in working as a part of distributed teams.
- Good communication skills and fluency in English.
Preferred skills and experience:
- Any experience with SAP Commerce Cloud would be a great advantage, although not strictly required.
- Knowledge of the enterprise e-commerce industry in general.
- Experience in working with a cloud provider such as Microsoft Azure, and knowing how to leverage its capabilities.
- Practical knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes and/or Docker technology.
- Experience with continuous integration and delivery.
- Experience working with or in Scrum, Agile.
- Experience in defining and fulfilling non-functional requirements (e.g. security, performance).
We are SAP
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
Our inclusion promise
SAPs culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone regardless of background feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: Americas: [email protected] or [email protected], APJ: [email protected], EMEA: [email protected].
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Requisition ID:297296 | Work Area: Software-Design and Development | Expected Travel: 0 - 10% | Career Status: Professional | Employment Type: Regular Full Time | Additional Locations: