Software Systems Engineer (80%-100%) at Open Systems AG (Zürich, Switzerland)
Location: Zürich, Switzerland
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-09-17 05:00:51
About Open Systems
We deliver a cybersecurity experience way beyond expectations. We pioneered a SASE that’s adaptable and scalable, with a true zero trust approach, and a unique MDR service that minimizes disruptions through precision containment. Our teams now monitor over 3 million endpoints 24x7 from our locations around the globe. No wonder we call it crazy good cybersecurity. Discover more at www.open-systems.com.
Currently, we are looking for a
Software Systems Engineer (80%-100%)
As a Software Systems Engineer, you will develop and operate highly scalable and globally deployed email and web security solutions. You will be part of the core team that develops and shapes web and email security services for our large customer base, constantly having security, quality, and monitoring in mind. Specifically, you will work on product integration as well as the development of tools and management infrastructure.
This position will give you the opportunity to be part of product development, right from the concept phase all the way through to production deployment and operations.
In addition to your work in a Development team, you will become certified as a Mission Control Engineer, providing you with knowledge in a wide area covering networking and security topics. This will give you the opportunity to visit our Network Operations Centers in Redwood City and Honolulu for 3-month deployments.
The following skills are required for this position:
- Higher education (ETH, university, FH) with a degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Knowledge of network protocols and technologies including TCP/IP, TLS, SMTP, DNS, DKIM, DMARC and HTTPS
- Experience with Linux or a UNIX-based operating systems
- Experience in software engineering with scripting languages (e.g. Bash, Perl, Python) and a concurrent compiled language (e.g. golang, C#, C++)
- Proficiency in English
- Competence to work in a team, as well as individually
- Inclusive and clear communication skills
It would be great if you bring some of the following skills:
- Knowledge of network security concepts and practices
- Knowledge of networking technologies and protocols (e.g. routing, firewalling, TCP/IP, ...)
- Knowledge and experience in email messaging (e.g. postfix, milter, ...)
- Knowledge and experience in secure web gateways (e.g. squid, TLS interception, ...)
- Knowledge of container and cloud technologies
- knowledge of monitoring principles
- knowledge of software and system testing practices
What we offer:
Open Systems will offer you interesting challenges in the dynamic and global environment of SD-WAN and cybersecurity. You will be in a work environment in which innovative solutions, rapid development times, creativity, and open communication are practiced and continuously fostered. The pursuit of technical advancement is at the center of our attention. Our employees are known as enthusiastic, humorous, and passionate individuals. It’s all about people because it’s them who make us stand out in the marketplace, not our technology.
This position is based in our headquarters in Zurich.
We look forward to receiving your online application (please note that you have to compress your application into two attachments).
Come as you are! We search for amazing people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. Open Systems welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
Direct applications only will be considered.