Full Stack Software Engineer at Zearn (New York, NY)
Location: New York, NY
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-09-18 05:00:31
Zearn is the nonprofit educational organization behind Zearn Math, the top-rated math learning platform used by 1 in 4 elementary students nationwide. Zearn Math supports teachers with research-backed curriculum and digital lessons proven to double the learning gains of a typical year of instruction. Zearn Math instructional materials - including 400+ hours of digital math learning - are free for teachers and families. Zearn also offers school- and district-wide licenses and professional development to support implementation. Everything Zearn does is driven by the belief that every kid can be a math kid.
Zearn is looking for a Full Stack Software Engineer to join our team. You'll be working on building out new features across the stack to improve our top-rated math curriculum and create tools for educators. You'll collaborate with our small team of engineers and product people and you'll have the opportunity to make a big impact in helping us achieve our goal of Numeracy for All.
We work with Ruby on Rails, Vue.js, and PostgreSQL. Experience with these is a plus, but we are more interested in general familiarity with working on various parts of a large and complex web application.
Ideal candidates will have:
- Comprehensive knowledge of web application frameworks like Ruby on Rails, Django, Express.js, etc.
- Experience making great products
- Passion for educational technology and math, and a desire to work at a mission-driven organization
Bonus points for:
- Experience with test-driven development or continuous delivery
- A code sample (or a link to an open source contribution) for us to review
- An interest in working on site a few days a week in New York City when the office reopens in 2022
- We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. We also offer a collegial and passionate culture and the potential to positively impact the lives of millions of children.