Senior Linux Software & Network Developer at Berryville Holdings, LLC () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-09-18 05:01:04
Senior Linux Software & Network Developer (Remote Work)
Remote work opportunity. Only seeking candidates in South Carolina, Virginia, Maryland, Kentucky, Texas, Florida, Georgia, Pennsylvania, or Colorado.
- You want to build software capabilities and not just manicure code.
- You want work that's a challenge and an adventure.
- You want to work for company where you're not the only one who knows what's going on.
- You want to be amply rewarded for your hard work.
- You want to drastically minimize your daily commute.
Berryville Holdings, LLC is a software development and services company dedicated to providing leading-edge technology solutions to customers whose security and operational requirements demand proactive security solutions. Our headquarters is located outside of Washington D.C. in Herndon, Virginia, and we have highly talented developers across the country who devise and maintain our unique software solutions. Join us to realize your full potential, focus your talents on rewarding and meaningful work, and stop being a labor charity for mediocre software companies.
Berryville Holdings, LLC is seeking a highly motivated, experienced Linux developer with who can extend our cyber defense software solutions. These solutions provide global, cloud-based architectures that provide network anonymity and privacy.
This position involves designing & developing applications in the user and kernel space to alter network configurations and routing. This requires some hardware networking tasks and integration with public cloud services. The primary responsibility of this position is to construct highly performant designs and produce reliable code.
This is a full-time remote position that allows job responsibilities to be managed on a flexible work schedule. Salary is dependent on experience and ability. Potential candidates must pass a criminal background check. This position is W2 only.
- Maintain and enhance existing system and network-based applications.
- Design and develop software related to network and communication security.
- Troubleshoot and fix software issues.
- Participate in development planning (e.g., managing Jiras with Atlassian, attending agile development meetings).
- Save the universe.
- Prior experience in a Senior Linux Engineering position.
- 8+ years of experience in a Linux programming environment.
- 8+ years of experience in C, C++, Java, or an equivalent language.
- Proficiency in Linux scripting.
- Expertise in enterprise networking design/architecture (SDN, SD-WAN)
- Mastery of NetFilter (IPTables), IPRoute2, Sockets, and Packet Capturing and Routing.
- Experience with the following technologies: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, GRE, IPSec, WireGuard, OpenVPN & OpenSSL.
- Secondary education in Computer Science, Engineering, or an equivalent program/ experience.
- Familiarity with and the ability to use Git.
- Familiarity with Public Key Infrastructure and symmetric and asymmetric encryption.
- Experience with a variety of cloud provider APIs and services and setting up VPCs (Amazon, Google, Azure, etc.)
- Experience configuring and installing software, servers, routers and other network devices.
Job Type: Full-time (remote)
Salary: $160,000.00 to $180,000.00/year
BVH is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.