Low-Level Embedded Linux/Android/ AOSP Developer at Zühlke Engineering GmbH (Frankfurt am Main, Deutschland)
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Deutschland
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-09-18 05:01:04
What your job will involve:
- You will develop low-level software in the embedded Linux ecosystem, with adapting or integrating with Android/AOSP being a typical case.
- You will be actively involved in software design, driven by hardware requirements or technical specifications.
- You will cooperate closely with other developers and disciplines, such as electronics, quality assurance, and application developers.
What you should offer:
- You have a technical degree, ideally in computer science or software engineering.
- You have a strong background in embedded Linux, including low-level aspects such as driver development and kernel modules.
- You have good command of C++ and its ecosystem, including modern C++, but you can also switch back to C on demand.
- You have acquired sound knowledge of how hardware works; you know how to read data sheets and protocol specifications.
- As a bonus, you are familiar with the Android Open Source Project (AOSP), and you have a solid understanding of how customizations within AOSP are exposed to the application layer (Java-/Kotlin-based Android applications).
- You have at least a basic understanding of the prerequisites of safety-critical engineering.
- You have solid social skills and are able to communicate with customers, partners, managers and colleagues on an equal footing in fluent German and good technical English.
What we offer:
Zühlke will support your success with a unique corporate culture for which we have been recognised as one of the best employers in Germany. It is important to us that we help you develop and improve with continuous, high-quality training. We take an interdisciplinary approach and we regularly share experiences and learn from one another. At Zühlke, you will appreciate how we all communicate openly, are honest about our abilities and enjoy working as a team. Last but not least, we offer an attractive remuneration package and a modern working environment, and we are all committed to bettering ourselves each day.
What else you can expect:
- Work-life balance: we can offer you flexitime and opportunities to work from home. You can have extra hours paid out as overtime or take them off as holiday during less busy periods.
- Freedom & autonomy: our trusting management style gives you the freedom to make decisions autonomously. Our employees get the opportunity to put forward their own ideas and play an active part in shaping our business.
- Working environment: a friendly, professional approach is our top priority. With us, you can expect interdisciplinary collaboration with helpful and committed colleagues.
Read our project success stories and get inspired by the Zühlke spirit.