Lead Systems Architect (F/M) at Worldline (Paris, France)
Location: Paris, France
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-09-18 05:01:04
Lead Systems Architect, Platform-as-a-Service, Permanent, Paris/Remote (FR)
Worldline [Euronext: WLN] is the European leader in the payments and transactional services industry and #4 player worldwide. With its global reach and its commitment to innovation, provides its clients with sustainable, trusted and secure solutions across the payment value chain and offers best-in-class payment services ranging from POS, online payments, omnichannel solutions to issuing & acquiring and digital banking to nearly one million merchants and 1,200 banks and financial institutions. With 20,000 employees and powered by the dedication of some of the brightest talents in the payments industry, Worldline is shaping new ways of paying, living and doing business.
A key part of the strategic transformation of one business line is to build-up and deliver a world-class, cloud-based Payments Platform as a Service (PPaaS) that empowers our ecosystem of clients and partners to offer their merchant customers state-of-the-art payment and commerce solutions available anytime, anywhere.
Reporting to the CTO, the Lead Systems Architect:
- Provides Architectural leadership and vision for Payment Platforms as a service by developing and maintaining architectural roadmap for products and services plus ensuring alignment with the business and enterprise architecture strategies and standards. Able to develop, present and explain the value and vision of proposed architectures and solutions to a wide range of audience.
- Contributes to the PaaS strategies and roadmap development to meet business objectives with existing or emerging technologies, able to translate business concepts to technical terms.
- Applies creative thinking/approach to determine technical solutions that further business goals and align with corporate technology strategies, keeping in mind performance, reliability, scalability, usability, security, flexibility, and cost.
- Defines and drives technology standard and best practices in the Platform-as-a-service areas, and lead some key projects.
- Oversees and signs off key architecture artifacts in the group.
- Articulates technology solutions as well as explains the competitive advantages of various technology alternatives.
- Collaborates with the key stakeholders, other product development groups and software vendors to identify and define solutions for complex business and technical requirements.
- Engages with Platform-as-a-service customers/partners to understand their needs and provide suggestions/guidance on what platform techniques are appropriate to solve their problems with pros/cons articulated clearly.
- Drives internal proof of concept initiatives; when needed, quickly design and implement a prototype of a system or component with a proper architecture, and then hand over to (may lead) a small group of devs to finish.
- Provide mentorship and help team growth especially on technical side.
For succeeding in this role, you are an experienced technology leader with a minimum of 15 years of software development experience including 5+ years of application or platform architecture experience with deep technology expertise in the following:
- Familiar with information Security and SOC Operations, documentation and maintenance of all IT and security standards,
- Architecture design and development of large scale platforms and application with simple solutions,
- Deep knowledge and hands on experience on big data and cloud computing technologies,
- Extensive hands on design/coding experience/skills using languages like Java, or C#/C++/C#, python, go, ERLANG, R, etc. Strong on elegant coding, can write very solid prototypes or core components quickly,
- Strong service architecture and development experience with high performance and scalability,
- Technical background in data with deep understanding of issues in multiple areas such as data acquisition and processing, data management, distributed processing, and high availability is required; experience in statistics, data mining, machine learning and operational excellence of production systems is a plus,
- Strong at technical goal setting for a project with actionable success metrics; good knowledge and experience on measuring a service from user experience angle,
- Strong on driving for results and self-motivated, strong learning mindset, with good understanding of related advanced/new technology; keep up with the technology development in the related areas in the industry, which could be leveraged to enhance current architectures and build durable new ones,
- Outstanding verbal, written, presentation, facilitation, and interaction skills, including ability to effectively communicate architectural issues and concepts to multiple organization levels and executive management.