Senior DevOps Engineer at Jack Henry & Associates, Inc.® () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-09-22 05:00:44
Are you excited about working with some of the latest technologies to deliver new solutions to banks & credit unions? The Jack Henry & Associates, Enterprise Cloud Platform team is hiring a Lead Full stack Software Engineer to help deliver cloud-first, microservices-based banking applications for Jack Henry!
As part of the team, you’ll be at the center of Jack Henry’s Strategic development initiatives for new banking applications. In your daily activities as a Senior Devops Engineer, you’ll have the opportunity to work in a DevOps team creating new banking applications as well shared platform services using responsive technologies & frameworks in an innovative technology stack.
This position can be worked Remote from any US location.
- Must have a minimum of 6 years of software development experience with experience in implementing and monitoring CI/CD processes
- Minimum 2 years working with public cloud-hosted applications, projects, and infrastructure.
- Must have technical knowledge or experience with the following technologies: Microsoft .NET Core, C# 8.0 or Java microservices using Docker containers and Kubernetes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science.
- Experience with Public cloud environments: Azure, AWS or GCP.
- Experience with RESTful API’s as well as integrating with SOAP-based API’s and web services.
- SQL and NoSQL (MongoDB) database experience.
- Apache or Confluent Kafka experience.
- Key Vaults and Certificate Management experience.
- ElasticStack, LogStash/Fluentd, Kibana.
- Microsoft Team Foundation Server or Azure DevOps Pipelines.
- JHA Silverlake or CIF 20/20 product experience helpful.
- Exposure to SCM tools like Azure repo and Github.
- Completes product technical design and prototyping, software development, bug verification and resolution.
- Performs system analysis and programming activities which may require extensive research and analysis.
- Provides technical/engineering support for new and existing applications from code delivery until the retirement of the application.
- Provides both individual and budget-level tasks and product effort estimates/costs.
- Ensures timely, effective, and quality delivery of software into production, both at an individual and team level.
- Develops and tests applications based on business requirements and industry best practices.
- Creates required technical documentation.
- Adheres to documented departmental and corporate standards. Participates in the definition and documentation of standards.
- Collaboratively works with QA team to ensure timely delivery of high-quality products.
- Collaboratively works with customer support team to resolve or diagnose defects.
- Performs release validation testing and beta support for projects.
- Researches problems and develops solutions to the problems.
- Conducts unit testing and integration testing for functionality and limits.
- Assists in training and mentoring less experienced peers.
- May contribute to product architecture.
- May assist less experienced peers.