C++ Developer for High-Performance Cloud Database Kernel (SAP HANA) at SAP (Seoul, South Korea)
Location: Seoul, South Korea
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-09-22 05:00:50
Requisition ID: 290983Work Area: Software-Design and DevelopmentExpected Travel: 0 - 10%Career Status: ProfessionalEmployment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. Thats why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because its the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve peoples lives.
Purpose and Objective:
SAP HANA is a global leader in high-performance mission-critical enterprise database systems and keeps growing as a core platform for enterprise data management and analytics, serving more than 55,000 worldwide enterprise customers (as of April/2021). HANA Transaction and Data Virtualization Team (also known as HANA Database Kernel Team) is one of the core and privileged teams for SAP HANA development, covering a wide spectrum of technology components. It includes distributed transaction processing, database federation and replication, in-memory multi-versioned row store, workload management, client/server session management, metadata management, database migration service and cloud data export/import, connectivity, elastic compute scaling, and even more. The team has contributed to the success of SAP HANA significantly with new innovations (holding more than 100 registered or filed patents) and feature delivery in quality.
Expectation and Tasks:
As a developer of the team, you will be working with a group of exceptionally talented and motivated colleagues:
- Develop SAP HANA Database with expertise in designing for scalability, reliability, and performance
- Be responsible for timely and high-quality product delivery
- Co-work with colleagues in North America and in Europe
- Continually enhance your skills and seek new area for HANA Database, especially focusing on transaction processing and database replication
Educations and Qualifications / Skills and Competencies:
As we hire various types of contributors, we are open for talents who have solid background on computer engineering and who are passionate to learn, grow fast, work professionally, and pursue real problem-solving with teamwork.
- Bachelors degree in computer science or related fields
- Good knowledge in data structures, algorithms, software design
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with new ideas and logical reasoning
- Strong expertise in C/C++
- Experience in SQL and Python
- Responsibility, integrity, teamwork
- SAP How-We-Work principles: (1) Build bridges, not silos; (2) Embrace differences; (3) Keep the promise; (4) Stay curious; (5) Tell it like it is
Preferred Qualifications (Plus factors):
- Fluency in modern C++ (C++ 11/14/17)
- Experience in concurrent programming
- Experience in Kubernetes and Docker
- Experience in administration, programming, or profiling on Linux environment
- Verbal and written working proficiency in English
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If youre searching for a company thats dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: [email protected] or [email protected], APJ: [email protected], EMEA: [email protected]).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.