Senior Fullstack Developer (d/f/m) at eBay Classifieds Group () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-09-22 05:01:13
Looking for a company where you can have an impact? A company where you can have the best of two worlds – an ambitious work environment and an inclusive culture?
Founded in 1996, mobile.de disrupted the status quo of buying and selling cars with the first online vehicle marketplace, driven by the idea to create something new. As a driver of change for growth and innovation we became more than just a platform. We are an ecosystem of skilled and entrepreneurially minded people, a community to unite sellers and buyers. As the No 1 marketplace in Germany we closely cooperate with a powerful network of around 42,000 dealers and connect them with almost 17 million unique users per month.
About the team
For our team in Dreilinden, close to Berlin, we are searching for a Senior Full Stack Engineer (d/f/m) to join an interdisciplinary team within our area focussed on car dealers. You will build products that enable dealers to build awareness about their current offers among people currently seeking to buy a vehicle. For this we develop opportunities to stand-out on the mobile.de marketplace, advertise in the web and hand over key insights into their vehicle specific market context.
Help us on our journey offering a user friendly interface to continue increasing the experience for our dealers!
- Contribute to the team's work with high-quality, well-tested, and scalable backend (Java based) and frontend (ReactJS) code
- Build and extend micro services for demand generating dealer products
- Collaborate closely with other teams within mobile.de and our technology partners
- Help to raise the overall skill and quality level of our mobile team through agile development principles
- Take initiative to continuously improve our code
- 2+ years proven experience as an engineer
- Sound knowledge of building modern web apps with technologies like React, Node.js, HTML5, CSS3 (SASS, CSS modules)
- Keen to build microservices or distributed systems in a web technology environment using Java/Kotlin, Spring Boot, HTTP and REST
- Good understanding in SQL and NoSQL databases (e.g. MySQL, Mongo)
- Proficient with messaging systems: e.g. RabbitMQ, Kafka
- You know your way around ensuring quality by following common principles of automated testing in backend code as well as in frontend code by using JUnit, REST Assured, Jest, Cypress or similar testing frameworks
- Practised in further agile development skills like working in iterations, pair programming and writing clean code
- Strong communication skills in English, German is a plus
What we offer:
- Meaningful work with diverse, international, highly skilled and passionate teams which give you the chance to make a difference in our customers’ lives.
- International career opportunities throughout Adevinta*.
- Competitive compensation, conference & education budget. We value your personal and professional development.
- A healthy work-life balance, i.e. part-time work, an additional paid parental leave time, flexible working hours including working from home options.
- A great atmosphere, open-minded company culture with several social team activities (online and offline).
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, Adevinta* offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs.
People are the heart of Adevinta*, and their health and well-being are our first priority. We continue to monitor local government guidance and partner closely with medical advisors to determine the safest and best next steps for everyone. As a result, most teams are working remotely, with a few teams able to collaborate in person with enhanced safety procedures. We will discuss the particular case for your region during the interview process. As a general rule, interviews will be completed remotely over video calls.