Java Developer at MHR (Ruddington, UK)
Location: Ruddington, UK
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-09-23 05:00:16
Are you a talented and ambitious Java developer?
Do you want to work on a varied range of projects and technologies?
Would you thrive in a culture that values engineers who proactively come up with their own innovative designs?
Do you want to work on a market leading and highly profitable product?
Do you want to work for any organisation which is going to develop your career?
If the answer is yes to all 5 of these questions, then this could be the opportunity for you.
In return you will get to work with like-minded people. You will get personal development time as part of every sprint. You will be encouraged to continue to learn more so that you can achieve your full potential. In addition, you will receive a significant number of days dedicated to training a year. We also have over 60 internal training courses and provide support people with external qualifications. These personal development opportunities combined with your ambition will help you to maximise your potential. In return we will expect you to take the lead in how new development is engineered.
- You will have a deep understanding of Java. Ideally you will be Java certified by Oracle. If not, we will support you in achieving this.
- You will have some architectural knowledge of how software applications work, from browser to web server through to RDBMS.
- You will use your excellent people skills to provide mentoring to other developers.
- You will be empowered to take the lead in all matters related to our Java applications.
- You will have good knowledge of industry standard best practises including SOLID, clean coding and design patterns.
- You will have experience of agile methodologies.
It would be desirable if you had experience of:
- User Behaviour Analysis.
- IntelliJ, Ant, Maven, Git and Azure DevOps
- Hibernate and SQL on Oracle and SQL Server
- XML parsing libraries like Xerces
- Authentication technologies such as Shibboleth, OIDC and SAML
- We contribute to a full company pension scheme to help you plan for your future.
- We offer life assurance (x4 salary, with option to increase up to x8 salary).
- An employee assistance programme is included.
- Our sites all come with a subsidised restaurant and cafe on-site, with delicious meals on offer from our chefs each day.
- We offer Vodafone discounts, making it cheaper and easier to catch up with your favourite people.
About us: Do you want to be part of something incredible? #OneMHR
- MHR offers HR, Payroll and Analytical expertise to help our customers work smarter. With over 700 employees working across four products. A family-owned company providing financial independence serving over 1,000 customers across the public, private and non-profit sectors.
- We invest for the long term, providing fantastic careers for our people and the best software and services to meet the needs of our customers now and in the future.
- We are flexible, we embrace change and as we’re still owned by the original founders. We are incredibly proud of what we we’ve built, evolving from a small business into one of the biggest and best in the industry.
- With over 35 years’ experience in the industry, our ethos has been to keep investing and moving forward with the changing world of work, and we can only do that by supporting our people. We’ve invested £20 million in a huge building expansion project to provide the best environment for our people, to give them the space they need to excel and grow. And by investing 20% of our turnover into our own research and development, our people shape the future of our products and services to support changing requirements on both a local and global scale.
Be part of something better, become part of the MHR family.