Senior Software Engineer at Linewize by Family Zone (Crows Nest, Australia)
Location: Crows Nest, Australia
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-09-24 05:00:21
Want to deliver tech with purpose, with people who care?
Join us and develop cutting-edge software solutions that help keep children safe online.
What’s the opportunity?
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for designing and delivering highly scalable and performant software solutions, to be used and loved by millions of students and parents around the globe; collaborating with colleagues while demonstrating technical and delivery leadership.
You will lead a team of passionate engineers, crafting high-performance web applications. Most importantly, you will be a valued member of the wider engineering team, and what you do will be used by customers in homes and schools around the globe.
Who are we?
We are a technology company that exists to protect and support every child's digital journey. Leveraging our industry-leading technology, we are currently protecting 18,000 schools and 9 million students worldwide. We’ve grown fast - we’re ASX-listed (FZO: AX) and currently have 300 people. Our headquarter is in Perth with operations in Sydney, Melbourne, US (San Diego-CA, Orlando-FL, and Charlotte-NC), New Zealand, and now also in the UK. We’re all proud of our incredible journey so far...and the best is yet to come. That’s where you come in!
What will you bring?
- 5+ years of software development experience with Go, Java, or equivalent
- You look at coding language as a tool and are willing to adapt to new frameworks and languages as required
- Experience working in an environment where teams can respond quickly to market demand
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deploy software in a relevant Cloud-based environment
- Demonstrated ability to design and develop to API specifications
- Demonstrated ability working with testing frameworks
- Strong fundamental understanding and implementation experience with various data-stores (databases, caches, CDNs, etc.)
- Experience dealing with stakeholders and managing expectations
- Bachelor Degree in Computing, Information Technology, Science or similar (optional)
- Diploma/Certificate in Information Technology or similar (optional)
- Evidence of professional development e.g. Scrum or Cloud certifications, training courses, etc
Read on to find out more about working for us…
Why choose Linewize by Family Zone?
In this role, you can expect:
- Support with flexible working, including options to work from home
- Competitive salary, including company shares
- A fantastic office space, with 'end of trip' facilities, collaborative workspaces, free fruit, and Friday drinks
More importantly, you’ll:
- Deliver tech with purpose...
As a Software Engineer, your skills, knowledge, and ideas will help children stay safe online. It feels good to do good.
- With people who care...
Our engineers are amazing! They’re also amazingly supportive. We take ownership of our own work, while also working together, to win as one.
- Through work that you love...
You’ll work on modern tech, processes, and data scaling challenges for a global customer base - all in a fast-paced and supportive learning environment.
- And a career that you own.
There are so many opportunities to grow your skills and knowledge. And as you step up and take ownership to make things happen, you’ll carve out an incredible career.
What’s our technology stack?
The tech stack you’ll be using will depend on the team you’re working with. But the range of technologies we use means there are always opportunities for further growth and development.
Our platform is predominantly cloud-based (AWS & GCP), and we have a rich tapestry of architectural components and processes including:
- RESTful backend services (Java, Python, Node.js, Go)
- Client-side static apps (React, Bootstrap, Backbone, AngularJS)
- Fit-for-purpose filtering clients deployed across laptops, mobiles, and tablets (Go, Java, Kotlin, C/C++, Swift)
- Database technologies, both RDBMS and NoSQL
- Deployment and orchestration via Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes
- Distributed version control via Git and build management via TeamCity / Bamboo.
- VPN servers, firmware & low-level packet inspection
We’d love you to apply, even if you don’t have experience with our entire tech stack. We’re pro-learning, good engineering and coding paradigms, rather than specific tools.
Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in Australia, and successful candidates will be required to obtain a current police clearance.