Front-End Software Developer at BDR Solutions (Silver Spring, MD) (allows remote)
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-09-24 05:00:28
BDR Solutions, LLC, (BDR) supports the U.S. Federal Government in successfully achieving their mission and goals. Our service and solution delivery starts with understanding each client's end-state, and then seamlessly integrating within each Agency's organization to improve and enhance business and technical operations and deployments.
BDR is sourcing for a Software Developer (Front End, Mid-level Developer) to support a federal government client. The ideal candidate will be located in the National Capital Region (NCR) and able to support meetings with the customer and team in the DC/NOVA area on an ad hoc basis. The bulk of the duties of this position can be performed virtually and the contractor may work remotely from their home office, however they will be required to support EST business hours. Some travel (10-25%) may be required but is unlikely.
Software Developer (Front End, Mid-level Developer)
(Military Veterans are highly encouraged to apply)
The ideal candidate will be a Front End Developer who has experience working in an Agile software development environment. The candidate must apply knowledge as a front-end Developer on an Agile Scrum delivery team, collaborating with Product Managers and Product Owners, Enterprise Architects, System Engineers, Database Administrators (DBA), and Testers to support the ongoing development of FEMA systems, solve business problems by delivering and implementing IT solutions, and work closely with the Government staff on delivering functioning software within tight deadlines.
- Collaborating with management, departments and customers to identify end-user requirements and specifications
- Designing algorithms and flowcharts to create new software programs and systems
- Producing efficient and elegant code based on requirements
- Testing and deploying programs and applications
- Troubleshooting, debugging, maintaining and improving existing software
- Compiling and assessing user feedback to improve software performance
- Observing user feedback to recommend improvements to existing software products
- Developing technical documentation to guide future software development projects
Required Minimum Qualifications
- BA/BS degree, preferably in engineering or business-related discipline
- Candidate must possess heavy client-side experience using Single Page Apps (Durandal.js, Angular, React, etc.)
- Ability to successfully complete and maintain DHS Suitability/Fitness Investigation and determination
- Ability to work in a high pace agile environment
- Understanding of website design principles
- Experience producing, maintaining, and modifying web applications and user interfaces
- Skilled in client-side technologies including, but not limited to HTML5, Bootstrap, or Foundation
- Understanding of responsive design concepts, client-side validation, and RESTful APIs concepts
- Understanding of user centered design principles
- Familiarity with 508 compliance
Required Technical/Business Tools Experience
- Durandal and KnockoutJS, but as an alternative, experience with any Single page application framework experience like React/Angular/vuejs.
- In-Depth knowledge in CSS 3, HTML 5
- Responsive Design, Bootstrap
- RESTful Services/APIs, AJAX
- Git-based source control systems
Desired Experience, Skills & Qualifications
- Current DHS Suitability/Clearance
- .Net framework, C#, ASP.net MVC, Visual studio.
- Experience with any database systems (SQL, MySQL etc.)
- Any Cloud Experience (Azure/AWS/GCP)
- Experience and knowledge of TFS, Jira, and/or Azure DevOps
- Familiarity with 508 compliances
In addition, U.S Citizenship is required. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information and be able to obtain a government-granted security clearance. Individuals may also be subject to a background investigation including, but not limited to criminal history, employment and education verification, drug testing, and creditworthiness.
BDR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or genetic information.