Senior Scientist - Research Team (Multiple Openings) at GrammaTech, Inc. () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-09-24 05:00:49
So, you want to have an opportunity to work with many other software experts? Have the ability to publish and further your software engineering skills in cyber security? Work alongside some of the most cutting-edge research and engineering teams? GrammaTech focuses on the software challenges of the future within a culturally rich environment and great career growth opportunities.
Location: Our R&D center is in Ithaca, NY, but we allow for REMOTE employees (USA Only) with a strong match of skills and experience.
The primary responsibility is leading efforts to design and implement research prototypes, based on ideas drawn from academic literature and original research. Team size varies from project to project. On small projects, a scientist may implement a significant portion of the prototype, while on larger projects they will lead a team of engineers. Our scientists are expected to:
- Generate ideas for innovative solutions (original or drawn from the literature) that address needs identified by research sponsors
- Translate research ideas into working prototypes
- Manage researchers and engineers implementing research prototypes: identify risks, plan work, monitor progress, review designs and code used in prototypes, as well as adapt plans as we learn more about the sponsor’s needs and the benefits/deficiencies of the prototype
- Write proposals for research contracts
- Build and maintain relationships with research sponsors
- Document research results in written reports. Present results in-person at meetings with research sponsors
- Work with research sponsors to ensure success of any demonstrations or evaluations of the research prototype
- Promote research results in blogs, external presentations, and publications
- Collaborate with product and marketing teams to identify a strategy to turn the research prototype into a marketable product
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Software Engineering and a minimum of three years of industry or post-doctoral academic experience
- Experience leading research projects and managing/supervising a research team, as Principal Investigator (PI) or equivalent
- Research experience in compilers, static analysis, language-based security, or another field aligned with GrammaTech's research activities. Maybe your area of expertise is reverse engineering, or vulnerability detection, or code transformation. Expertise in machine learning or statistical techniques with applications to software development or security is highly relevant, as well. On the other hand, maybe you will be adding a new area of expertise to our team
- Lots of languages: C, C++, Python, machine code, etc. It's not just about our own code, it's about taking other people's software apart and showing them what makes it tick
GrammaTech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Disability/Veterans/Affirmative Action employer. Members of underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.