Scala Engineer (m/f/d) at Relayr (Katowice, Poland)
Location: Katowice, Poland
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-09-24 05:01:14
Relayr is the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) powerhouse delivering the most complete solution for risk-free digital transformations. We unleash data insights from existing equipment, machines and production lines to improve our customers’ business outcomes.
We provide a unique combination of first-class IIoT technology and its delivery with powerful financial and insurance offerings — all from a single source trusted by hundreds of companies worldwide. With around 300 employees, we are a truly global family with locations in Germany, the USA, Poland, Italy, and the UK. Named twice the hottest start-up in Berlin by WIRED magazine and a winner of The Spark - the German Digital Award, relayr is now part of the Munich Re group.
The Polish division of relayr is responsible for developing software for the IoT enterprise platform with all software designed, implemented, and tested in Katowice. We also provide support for the installation and maintenance of our software for clients across the globe.
Being at the forefront of innovation means challenging the status quo. Our talented engineering team is committed to delivering first-class IoT solutions and staying ahead of the competition. We are a diverse group of Scala nerds looking for a new colleague. We automate everything, test everything, take every opportunity to give and receive feedback and pick technologies that we believe fit the problem at hand. Once a week we meet up and solve FP problems in Scala for fun. We are looking to hire a Scala Engineer to be located in our office in Katowice or remote. Our platform is based around RESTful microservices written in Scala with Akka. We use various databases such as Postgres, Cassandra, Citus, and Elasticsearch. Since we shuffle a lot of data, most services also do stream processing over Kafka. Above all we are looking for people who will contribute to the success of relayr. We love diverse experiences, so even if you don't meet all the requirements but think you'd thrive in this role, we would really like to learn more about you.
- Design, develop and maintain microservices and their unit, integration and system tests
- Develop and execute mid- & long-term technical vision and architecture alongside your team
- Take part in code reviews and mentoring of less experienced team members
- Innovate technology, process and product within the whole organization
- Evaluate new technologies, ideas and approaches
- Help developers in other teams to use our platform
- Taking part in on-call line 3 support rotation for production systems
- Profound knowledge of Scala and interest in functional programming.
- 3+ years of experience as backend developer.
- You deliver high-quality, tested, scalable code and know how to maintain it.
- Experience in building distributed systems and microservice architectures.
- You can design a solid RESTful API and document it in Swagger.
- Strong knowledge in data structures, SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Experience with Kafka and stream processing.
- Professional experience with Azure platform.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of Python, Node.js, or other backend technologies
- Familiarity with data processing framework (Kafka Streams, Spark or Flink)
- Flexibility and safety are important to us! As a company we were quick to react when the Corona pandemic began, sending all our employees to work from home. If you start out as a new employee at relayr, you will be working from home, enjoy a structured digital onboarding programme and flexible working hours.
- Modern office located in Katowice city centre with a relaxation room, free coffee, snacks, and standing desks.
- Get exposed to international colleagues and customers from around the globe. Our working languages are Polish and English!
- An extensive on-boarding period so you can get up to speed with the rest of the team.
- A learning environment where you can build upon your skills and interests, share knowledge, and attend events and conferences pertaining to your discipline. We also offer free English classes.
- Have some fun with regular get-togethers, including sports events, seasonal parties, international trips and meetings.
- Competitive salary.
- IP author’s rights tax reliefs due to creative type of work (prawa autorskie).
- Benefits package, including private health care, life insurance, and fitness passes.
- We partner with Fürstenberg Institute and LuxMed to provide our employees with psychological support and career coaching.
- Choose between a Mac, Windows, or a Linux machine.
- Hands-on experience with cutting edge technology, space for research and exploration.
- We offer the ability to work with the newest tech-stack and the most talented engineers in IoT industry!
At relayr, we are passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. As firm believers in the power of different perspectives, we encourage our employees to share knowledge and exchange bold ideas to help innovation in the IoT industry thrive. We are committed to creating a fair, supportive, and open environment for all.