Senior Software Engineer/Team Lead (PHP) - Strategic Products at NFQ Technologies (Vilnius, Lithuania)
Location: Vilnius, Lithuania
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-09-25 05:00:03
NFQ is a core technology partner for HomeToGo – a dedicated team of software engineers and data science professionals driving innovation to power a marketplace with the world’s largest selection of vacation rentals. We are expanding HomeToGo’s technology team in Lithuania and are looking for the brightest talents to join this growing company.
HomeToGo is a marketplace with the world's largest selection of vacation rentals, listing millions of offers from thousands of trusted partners, including Airbnb, Booking.com, Vrbo and TripAdvisor. From vacation homes, cabins, beach houses, apartments, condos, house boats, castles, farm stays and everything in between, HomeToGo combines price, destination, dates and amenities to find the perfect accommodation for any trip worldwide.
Founded in 2014, HomeToGo employs more than 350 people and manages 23 local apps & websites across Europe, North America, South America, Australia and Asia-Pacific. HomeToGo also operates brands such as Tripping.com, CASAMUNDO and Wimdu.
You will join a dynamic and ambitious tech organization combining Extreme Programming, DevOps, test-driven, and trunk-based development principles to maximize business value. At HomeToGo you will find a strong teamwork culture, clearly defined feedback process, performance evaluations, job leveling system, and transparency on company goals - an empowering environment for personal growth and career development. If you seek to make an impact that is visible and can be measured - this could be your next chance.
Currently, we are looking for a senior PHP software engineer to lead the Strategic Products team. The Strategic Products team contributes directly to the development of the software solution powering HomeToGo’s inventory platform and helps strengthen HomeToGo’s strategic positioning in the market by creating new exciting products for the company. In this role, you will collaborate closely with the product and engineering leads on a daily basis and constantly evolve your skills. You will be surrounded and supported by a team of smart, dedicated, fun, and equally driven people.
In this role, you will
- Work hand-in-hand with business stakeholders to identify requirements, plan milestones, and polish the features by measuring performance
- Choose adequate technical and business metrics to monitor features and manage the risk
- Collaborate with the team to create and maintain features
- Drive a weekly planning process together with product owners
- Lead a team of engineers, mentor team members
- Solve technical design issues
- Maintain a healthy codebase
What you will bring
- Experience as a team leader
- Effective planning and decision making skills based on measurable outcome
- Experience in writing good code with PHP and Symfony
- Experience in designing and building scalable applications
- Fluency in English
What we offer
- Career of growth opportunities and promotions, 360 feedback, performance evaluation system, and mentoring from an international and distinguished team
- Culture of empowerment, trust, recognition, autonomy and quarterly transparency about company goals. A focus on work-life balance, combined with consistent collaboration and support from a team of 30+ nationalities
- Compensation of attractive salary, health insurance, additional holidays, flexible working hours, training budget, language courses, employee-led workshops, office perks, frequent team building and company events, business trips to Berlin. Salary commensurate with expertise and experience: 4000-7000 EUR gross