Senior Frontend Developer who loves to work on the Green Energy Transformation at HYDROGRID GmbH (Vienna, Austria)
Location: Vienna, Austria
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-09-26 05:00:29
You are not interested in being just a cog in the wheel and want your work to have an impact for a green future? Then HYDROGRID is the place to be!
At HYDROGRID, it is our vision to transform renewables into ‘smart power plants’ that reliably and intelligently deliver energy on demand to enable grid balancing with purely green energy. We have started our endeavour with hydro power plants - the best source of renewable energy – by optimizing and fully automating them with our AI-driven SaaS solution. With our own optimization and machine learning algorithms, our software is able to accurately align power generation with weather and power market prices. By doing so, we automate processes, save time and increase revenues by up to 18%. To further support our rapid growth we are looking for a Senior Frontend Developer (m/f/d) to help us build and grow our industry-leading technology.
Your tasks & contributions
- You realize state-of-the-art frontend solutions with React that includes specification, implementing, testing and releasing of UI components and flows, based on UX wireframes and visual mock-ups
- You implement responsive designs and ensure cross-browser compatibility
- You evaluate and introduce innovative front-end technologies and libraries
- You work with technologies like React, GraphQL, TypeScript, SASS & Rest APIs
- You take ownership of your code and deployments, and perform comprehensive and accurate code reviews
- You join our scrum team and contribute to our bi-weekly planning sessions
- Ideally, you design and develop UI layouts and interactive behaviours, and perform user-based iterative testing
Requirements & what you bring on the table
- You have at least five years of professional experience as a frontend developer, frontend architect or in a similar position
- You are familiar with a wide range of web browsers and their compatibility issues
- You have exhaustive experience in writing scalable frontend applications, including refactoring and tooling
- Dealing with agile software development methods, modern development tools and test frameworks is part of your daily routine
- Experience with developing and publishing mobile apps for iOS and Android using React Native
- You think and act in a solution or goal-oriented way
- You are eager to work with the latest technology and self-study is in your DNA
- You have practical experience with accessibility and usability and a keen eye for details and beautiful user interfaces, well-designed user experiences and knowledge in the latest UX trends
- Fluency in English is essential, other European languages are a bonus
- You have a valid work permit for Austria
It would be amazing if you have
- Leadership and start-up experience
- Experience with prototyping tools like Adobe XD, Sketch, etc.
- A general understanding of backend topics (database design, micro services, ..)
- An interest in renewable energy and want your work to have a positive climate impact
Benefits & what you can expect from HYDROGRID
- A clear vision: work on the transformation of renewables into ‘smart power plants’ to enable grid balancing with purely green energy
- A strong ambition: based on our clear vision, our innovative product, our validated product-to-market-fit in numerous markets and our strong partners, we are at the beginning of our exciting scale-up story to contribute globally to the energy transformation
- A great spirit: our team culture combines start-up vibes with a high level of professionalism. The ability to work on a green future is what unites us and motives each of us every day. We highly value the mutual appreciation and positive atmosphere within our current very close-knit team and want to keep it that way as we grow
- Room for career development and personal growth: As we are a growing company, we have a continuous need to expand our skills, team and leadership – we value outstanding contributions and can offer rapid career development opportunities on both specialist and leadership tracks
- Latest technology: our DNA is R&D driven allowing us to not only using the latest technology but also developing our own methodology beyond the state of the art to stay one step ahead of competition
- A flexible work environment: our work setting consists of flexible work hours (including the ability to take time compensation after “special crunch times”) and flexible work locations, either from our stylish office in the most liveable city in the world – Vienna – or from your Austrian home. Combined with our highly flexible home office policy, it gives you room to individually organize your working day according to your needs
- Attractive compensation: we offer an attractive, compensation package to value your contribution, which comprises a market-rate competitive salary as well as an annual ticket for Wiener Linien
- Wellbeing: regular team events, great coffee and tea, free snacks and perfect kitchen equipment including a Blender for your daily vitamin dose, and your very own HYDROGRID pen
For this position, we offer a base salary for senior developers starting at 50k per year (fulltime) with appropriate overpayment based on individual skills and previous experience. Our passion-driven team works tirelessly to optimize hydropower and improve the global energy mix towards a future with sustainable power generation. We value trust, honesty, and creative-thinking and would love to welcome you to our team.
If you are interested in helping to solve the global energy problem, please send us your application (including your CV and two points of references) here at Stackoverflow or to join[at]hydrogrid.eu and let us know why you are motivated to join us in our quest for a renewable energy future.