Cloud Automation Engineer (m/w/d) at Mimacom (Stuttgart, Deutschland)
Location: Stuttgart, Deutschland
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-09-28 05:00:21
Do you love shipping projects to production? Well, it turns out we love that too! As a Cloud Automation Engineer you will help our customers automate and operate infrastructure on a global scale, driving their digital transformation.
We have a hungry mind and are curious to innovate and collaborate. Together with our international team you will shape what cloud-native means and set new expectations on how development teams ship code. The future is in the cloud, and you’re about to create it. Ready for take-off?
As a cloud automation engineer you will enable a development team to deliver valuable features in no time. You will automate infrastructure setup and application deployment while ensuring availability, observability, latency and performance meet expectations. Besides you will...
- Work in a cross-functional development team on the implementation of best practices for CI/CD and infrastructure automation
- Advise and support our clients regarding the design and architecture of cloud solutions based on modern platforms and technologies: Kubernetes, AWS, Azure, GCP, Cloud Foundry, OpenShift, Docker, Kafka, ELK, HashiCorp tools, etc.
- Record client requests (technical consulting tasks and requirements management) and create a working solution together with the customer
- Choose adequate tools and methods based on the situation ensuring development teams are productive
- Design resilient cloud architectures and ensure smooth operation with suitable observability solutions
For us, it's not just a job. We love to learn, reflect, and improve. If you’re ready to give your career a boost and enjoy learning as much as we do, you have found the place to be. At mimacom, everyone’s voice is heard and everyone plays an important role in the company. We don’t have spectators or commentators in our team. We are proud of the results our teams achieve and our customers love us for this.
- We believe in cross-functional and agile teams that deliver solutions and take ownership
- We focus on quality - with our standardized processes we ensure the quality requirements for software architecture, the development process as well as the DevOps maturity level
- Actively shape your future through individual career planning with extensive further training opportunities (training, mentoring programs, conferences, workshops)
- Flat hierarchies, a direct feedback culture and freedom to suggest ideas and contribute
- We live the value of "freedom with responsibility": work in a flexible and self-organized way and choose your own work equipment
- We contribute to your pension scheme and subsidize cell phone costs
- In our modern, easily accessible offices in Stuttgart and Munich we offer you coffee, tea and brain food in the form of snacks and fruits
- Cool team activities like hackathons, car racing, BBQ, skiing weekend
- Competitive remuneration
- Relevant experience with one of the cloud platforms AWS, Azure or GCP
- Profound understanding of Kubernetes core concepts and proven production experience with a container platform
- Experience with Terraform, Pulumi, AWS CDK or similar infrastructure automation tools
- A deep understanding of distributed systems and their fallacies, networking and container security
- Experience in at least one of the scripting languages Bash, Go or Python
- Good knowledge of at least one Continuous Integration tool: GitLab CI, AWS CodePipeline, Concourse, Spinnaker, Flux CD or Jenkins
- Experience in building and processing delivery / deployment pipelines and continuously monitoring and improving the developer experience
- Here are some topics that will give you a plus for this role:
- Experience in building and operating multi-data center infrastructures for cloud-native applications
- Experience in setting up monitoring and alert systems
- Deep understanding of cloud-native security principles and how to put them into practice
- Besides the technical skills you also have
- Excellent communication skills, team spirit and you enjoy asynchronous communication to collaborate effectively
- An analytical mindset helping you debug complex distributed applications
- Experience working in international and diverse cross-functional teams
- A strong urge to solve customer problems and build lasting solutions
- A passion for sharing your knowledge through blog posts or conference talks