Software Engineer for Keptn Open-Source development (Vienna) at Dynatrace (Vienna, Austria)
Location: Vienna, Austria
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-09-28 05:00:22
Opportunity to work with different programming languages
Software Development | Open-Source | Cloud Native Computing | DevOps | Continuous Delivery | Automation
At Dynatrace, we have made it our mission to ensure that millions of people worldwide have an excellent user experience, made possible through a unique combination of observability, automation, and AI—all compacted into one cloud-based software intelligence platform to give our customers visibility and precise, AI-backed answers across their entire digital ecosystem.
How we work - minimum red tape and maximum autonomy We are a very international, colorful community building a market-leading product: The Dynatrace software intelligence platform. Apart from our main product, we also contribute to the open-source community by initiating Keptn – Cloud-Native Application Life-cycle Orchestration tool. Each team is fully self-managed and works closely together with the Product Management to deliver value. As a whole organization, we are working in a highly agile and fully technology-focused environment. We run our software development cycle on an extremely high level of automation, making it tremendously easy for teams to push their changes from concept to production.
What you will be working on
- The Autonomous Cloud is the transformation of IT from manual operations to autonomous, NoOps cloud operations. Dynatrace initiated Keptn, which is now CNCF (Cloud Native Computing Foundation) open-source project that provides the automation and orchestration of the processes and tools needed for continuous delivery and operations for cloud-native environments. It is a pluggable control plane that integrates with your existing DevOps ecosystem and can be used as part of an Autonomous Cloud Services engagement.
- You are part of a development team working on an open-source project
- The team will develop and extend our Ecosystem for Keptn by adding integrations for third party tools
- Working with a variety of technologies and programming languages
- Collaborate and assist your colleagues in international development teams
- Evaluate CI/CD tool landscape and increase the potential use cases where Keptn adds value for our customers
- Contribute to shaping our open-source contribution process including testing, CI/CD and maintenance
- Technical education related to Software Engineering (or similar) or equivalent professional experience
- Good knowledge of at least one programming language (Go, Java, C#, C++) for backend software engineering and the flexibility in coding Java today and in Go tomorrow
- Working knowledge of containerization technologies (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience in developing software using Git and GitHub
- Empathetic person with a passion for mentoring, coaching, and transferring your own knowledge
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, and analytical skills
Due to legal reasons, we are obliged to disclose the minimum salary for this position, which is € 38,010 gross per year based on full-time employment (38.5 h/week). We offer a higher salary in line with qualifications and experience.