Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer (Kubernetes) - MariaDB - Fully Remote at MariaDB (Redwood City, CA) (allows remote)
Location: Redwood City, CA
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-09-28 05:00:41
Are you interested in working in a dynamic and growing international company? Are you passionate about solving difficult, new, and unique problems?
What You’ll Do:
This position will be focused on leading engineering efforts related to the infrastructure layer of the MariaDB SkySQL service with a strong focus on AWS while also supporting Azure and GCP. This position will require excellent technical architecture and project management skills in addition to hands-on development work. We will look to you for innovative ideas to boost performance, reliability, and security of our database products in public cloud deployments.
MariaDB is a globally distributed company, telecommuting via the internet, and making heavy use of email, web, slack, and similar technologies. Because we must provide coverage to our customers 24x7x365, this position does occasionally involve on-call work on nights, weekends, and holidays, however, we leverage our global team to minimize the impact as much as possible.
- Collaborate with Product, Support, DevOps, QA, and architects in designing highly secure infrastructure
- Implement high quality, secure and robust applications with optimal performance in a fast-paced environment
- Work on providing a highly automated Cloud-based runtime environment for deploying and scaling a distributed, multi-tenant, high performance compute platform
- Develop tools to facilitate greater automation and operability of services
- Design and build net-new production-grade environments for advanced transactional and analytical workloads
- Plan, lead and execute complicated technical projects that interact with a wide variety of teams within the company
- Utilize your deep experience and problem-solving skills to help prevent and investigate production issues
- Participate in a shared on-call rotation
- Lead and mentor junior team members
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously
- Effectively collaborate with other engineers remotely
- Excellent written and spoken English communication skills
- Experience supporting a PaaS, IaaS, DBaaS, etc.
- In-depth knowledge of Kubernetes, Docker, etc.
- Significant experience with AWS (6+ years), including design, implementation, and maintenance of large scale environments
- Working knowledge of infrastructure as code software tools such as Terraform/Ansible and a demonstrated implementation
- Strong automation programming skills. Must have CS fundamentals and a track record of implementing highly reliable software
- In-depth understanding of networking, Linux, distributed systems, cloud design patterns, API’s, and security
- Ability to work on complicated projects with multiple stages and convert long term strategy into short and long-term objectives
- Previous experience working remotely
- Contributions to open-source software
- Extensive experience with multiple public cloud vendors
- Kubernetes certification
- Docker certification
- Google Cloud, AWS, and/or Azure certification
- Experience with ServiceNow Platform
- Previous leadership experience