Software Engineer - Computer Vision/Signal Processing at Genetesis, Inc. (Cincinnati, OH)
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-09-28 05:00:54
Job Title: Software Engineer – Computer Vision/Signal Processing
Summary: Challenging and rewarding software development role to support cutting edge research at Genetesis. You will be building and optimizing signal/image processing pipelines and algorithms to extract the hidden value out of the heart's electromagnetic field measurements. You will be working in a fast paced environment applying your knowledge and skill to develop, optimize, and visualize signal/image processing pipelines for our core product, CardioFlux MCG, working side by side with our data engineers and scientists to further improve the clinical applicability of MCG while also providing technical support to one or more projects relating to Genetesis devices.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Invent, analyze, design, develop and optimize signal processing and computer vision algorithms/features for further understanding of electromagnetic field analysis
- Optimizing production signal/image processing algorithms to support fast, robust, and confident delivery of medical images/data to our users
- Contribute to the further development/understanding of the CardioFlux Magnetocardiograph by writing and performing engineering studies and data analysis
- Responsible for the translation of results from engineering studies/reports into technical requirements, proof of concepts, or production (equivalent) code
- Writing clean, understandable and efficient code following company coding standards. Keeping your peer’s accountable via code reviews.
- Collaborate in a team environment across multiple scientific and engineering disciplines, to balance technological opportunities and company requirements required to rapidly deliver software solutions
- Learn constantly, dive into new areas with unfamiliar technologies, and embrace the ambiguity of a new medical imaging modality (MCG)
- Generate supporting documentation, reports, and implement testing during projects to support internal and external regulatory and quality demands
- Work cross functionally with regulatory, quality, engineering, and clinical/product personnel to achieve company goals and initiatives, as needed
- Work adaptively in a fast-paced small team environment with aggressive deadlines
- Travel to offsite locations as required for prototyping, site deployments, and technical support
Experience and Skills:
- 5-7+ years professional experience in software development
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering, Physics, or related field.
- Fluent understanding of statistical, mathematical, and analytical methods for signal processing and de-noising of 2D and 3D data sources.
- Fluent understanding of computer vision and data handling concepts for analysis and processing (e.g., segmentation, classification, recognition)
- Fluent understanding of scripting programming languages: Python 3, C/C++
- Fluent understanding of data analysis packages: Numpy, Pandas, OpenCV
- Fluent understanding of visualization packages: Matplotlib, seaborn, Matlab, etc.
- Fluent knowledge of Jupyter Notebooks, ipynb
- Basic understanding of cloud technologies: AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.
- Basic understanding of relational/non-relational database technologies
- Proficient knowledge of operating systems: Linux/UNIX, Windows
- Knowledge and familiarity of design and development processes for software engineering.
- Strong organization, time management, communication, and strategic thinking skills