Lead Java Software Engineer at JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. (Wilmington, DE)
Location: Wilmington, DE
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-09-29 05:00:16
As an experienced member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. This is very hands-on technical role and as an individual contributor you are expected to delvier / check-in code daily and help scrum team deliver complex stories. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
Over all this role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including: * BS/BA degree or equivalent experience * 10-15 years of experience in application, data, and infrastructure architecture disciplines * Advanced knowledge of architecture and design across all systems * Proficiency in multiple modern programming languages * Knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and best practices * Keen understanding of financial control and budget management * Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals * Passionate about building an innovative culture
Must have Skills:
F ull stack JAVA building Micro-services on Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Spring Boot, Kafka, Cassandra, Oracle DB, GraphQL, Automated CI/CD, API Gateway
NFRs - Monitoring ( S plunk & Dynatrace), Observability (Synthetic transactions), Resiliency testing, Performance testing, Security testing
Nice to have Skills:
Monolith to Microservices transformation experience - decomposing by capabilties or Domain driven design , Design patterns -CQRS, Strangler pattern etc,
Roles & Responsibilities :
- Accountable for the overall technical delivery for the team and Total ownership of the Code.
- Contribute to Detailed Design and make sure we are well aligned with Card IT Architecture, Product Analyst/ Product Owner, Partner Engineering Strategy Lead, L2 and Cloud infrastructure teams (DBA/API Gateway/Photon/GAIA etc.) to understand and solution overviews, business flows and updates to design.
- Hold regularly Technical JAD session for every story within a sprint to ensure team members fully understand the scope and definition of done for each story. Help break down complex stories into tasks for the team. Be able to p rovide clear technical direction for the team to autonomously hit targets.
- Owner of Tech Debt in backlog, Code Quality and Application Health (Maintain CI/CD and stability of environments including the tagging of release artifacts and deployment to environments for team's active development and integration efforts )
- Lead estimation exercises for forecasting - Capabilities/ Feature Integration / Epic level * Be part to Sprint Level Estimation (Serve as main point of contact for platform support for external teams and delegate issues. * Facilitate refinement/PBR sessions with Product. * Define NFRs for application - considering production volumes for peak season, SLAs, Partner/Customer experience, control-gaps, risk & assessment etc. * Ensure all team members comprehend requirements and acceptance criteria before story estimation, seek clarification for requirement ambiguities from SMEs or Business )
- Ensure deliverables are NBA complied, following CCB standards and best engineering practices, Lead by example from the front.
- Help Agility lead facilitate daily stand ups by steering active conversations on Jira board. 'Parking lot' any discussions to ensure agenda stays on-track and on-time. Follow-up on any blockers and schedule meetings requiring further story design or discussion.
- Mentor other developers in the scrum team
- Help with hiring for team - interviews and new member onboarding etc. as needed.
- 50 - 60%% of time to deliver sprint stories - at least 4 - 6 check-in per sprint on critical modules and taking complex tasks.
- 40 % of time working with team/ management / business stake holders - trouble prod issue, run code / design reviews, peer programming with developers, NFR define/review, process related work (SNOW tickets, account onboarding related -GOS/KAFKA/SPLUNK/DYNATRACE/IDANYWHERE etc. )
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans