Full Stack Developer at BDR Solutions (Vienna, VA) (allows remote)
Location: Vienna, VA
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-09-29 05:00:46
BDR Solutions, LLC, (BDR) supports the U.S. Federal Government in successfully achieving their mission and goals. Our service and solution delivery starts with understanding each client's end-state, and then seamlessly integrating within each Agency's organization to improve and enhance business and technical operations and deployments.
BDR is sourcing for a Full Stack Developer (mid-level) to support a federal government client. The duties of this position can be performed virtually from a home office. However, the individual will be required to support EST business hours. The ideal candidate will be located in the National Capital Region (NCR). Some travel (10%) to the NCR may be required but is unlikely.
Full Stack Developer (mid-level) (Military Veterans are highly encouraged to apply)
Applying knowledge as a Full Stack Developer on an Agile Scrum delivery team, collaborating with System Owner, Business Owners, Enterprise Architects, System Engineers, Database Administrators (DBA), designers and testers to solve business problems by delivering and implementing IT solutions. Work closely with the Government staff on the tool stack and automation on the contract.
- Retrieving and storing files using Azure Blob and C#.
- Protecting keys and secrets using Azure Key vault and C#.
- Instrumenting and monitoring application code using Application insights.
- Collaborating with management, departments, and customers to identify end-user requirements and specifications.
- Designing algorithms and flowcharts to create new software programs and systems.
- Producing efficient and elegant code based on requirements.
- Testing and deploying programs and applications.
- Troubleshooting, debugging, maintaining, and improving existing software.
- Compiling and assessing user feedback to improve software performance.
- Observing user feedback to recommend improvements to existing software products.
- Developing technical documentation to guide future software development projects.
- Supporting automated pipelines in a CICD and DevSecOps environment.
- Troubleshoot problems in application reported in the production environment and resolve issues within the established SLAs
- Leads/Coordinates development activities, solution elaboration and implementation process.
- Be a member of an agile software development team participating in stand-ups, sprint planning, story review, and retrospective meetings
- Perform issue resolution among Developers
- Interact with various client stakeholders, extract information as needed to accomplish the work.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- BA/BS degree, preferably in engineering or business-related discipline.
- 3+ years of experience in Federal government Full Stack Development on similar projects.
- Experience in developing software on Microsoft Azure platform.
- Experience working in the Azure SQL Database, Azure Web App, Azure Web Jobs, Azure Service Bus, Azure Storage, Azure Key Vault, Log Analytics and App Insights, Azure Cache for Redis.
- Knowledge and experience of application Caching technologies on cloud like Azure Redis cache.
- Proven track record of successfully delivering solutions utilizing the ASP.NET MVC, with a focus on jQuery, and MVVM frameworks like Durandal.js/Aurelia or Angular or React.Js.
- Ability to create new functionality or augment existing functionality.
- Ability to communicate and interact with the customer as needed.
- Experience with developing case management systems on an ASP.NET, C# and Entity Framework platform to provide support to the development and maintenance of a case management system.
- Experience in Database development skill using Azure PaaS SQL and Entity Framework.
- Extensive experience with Azure SDK and writing code against most PaaS services including Azure Service Bus, Azure Web Job, Azure App service.
- Experience working in agile teams and with an agile skill set.
- Experience with the following technologies:
- Web Services: SOAP/JSON/REST
- HTML5 and C# , Entity Framework
- Visual Studio
Required Technical/Business Tools Experience
Desired Experience, Skills & Qualifications
- Current DHS Suitability/Clearance.
- Direct experience supporting a FEMA program.
- Experience and expertise with JS, VueJS, ASP, ASPX, C#, and SQL Server.
- Experience and knowledge of TFS, Jira, and/or Azure DevOps.
- Perform coding, bug verification, unit testing and integration testing.
In addition, U.S Citizenship is required. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information and be able to obtain a government-granted security clearance. Individuals may also be subject to a background investigation including, but not limited to criminal history, employment and education verification, drug testing, and creditworthiness.
BDR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or genetic information.