Senior Software Engineer (Octopus Cloud) - Australia/ New Zealand at Octopus Deploy () (allows remote)
Add To BookmarksCompany:
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-09-29 05:01:20
Octopus Deploy is one of Australia’s fastest-growing and most successful software companies. Today we help over 150,000 people worldwide to deliver working software to production. If you have a commitment to excellence, a desire to delight customers, and want to be a member of a fast-growing team, you'll love this position.
A typical day might include:
- Working with the Octopus Cloud team on projects that will either improve reliability or introduce new features to the Octopus Cloud platform.
- Work closely with other teams to collaborate on changes to Octopus Server.
- Participate in knowledge sharing to break down silos.
- Meetings and pairing sessions which drive your work forward.
- Problem-solving when collaborating to investigate an incident.
You’ll be great for this if:
- You have a firm grasp of the software trade using any language or toolset but preferably C# and TypeScript.
- You are comfortable making good decisions with general concepts like dependency, extensibility, and compatibility; and perhaps you are a specialist in an area of software engineering.
- You have deep knowledge of Kubernetes, Azure.
- You enjoy automating things like builds, tests, deployments, infrastructure, and operational tasks.
- You are able to work independently, motivating yourself to do high-quality work on time, communicating with your teammates when you need help or when you are ready for something new.
- You enjoy collaborating with other people to solve problems, challenging each other to discover the best solution for a problem, using a balance of passion, pragmatism, and empathy.
- You are a results-oriented person, someone who is focused on iteratively delivering valuable things to your customers, someone who willingly changes direction based on clear and transparent business information, and someone who helps others do the same.
- You understand distributed systems.
- Octopus Deploy experience would be a nice bonus.
You’ll love this role if:
- You are passionate about working with smart people and providing a high-level of service to our customers.
- Continuous integration and continuous deployment is your bread and butter.
- You automate everything because you understand the importance of repeatability and reducing the time to complete complex tasks.
- Containers are your jam. You containerize all the things!
- Not afraid to sink your teeth into and solve complex problems.
- You want to help others grow by sharing your knowledge.
- Our customers entrust us with one of their most important systems which is why we provide 24/7 support for Octopus Cloud.
- At the moment we have 7 engineers in the 24/7 On-Call rotation.
- This means each of us is on-call once every 7 weeks (or ~7 times a year).
- Each shift is 1 week long. This sounds scary, doesn’t it? In reality it’s not.
- We average ~2 incidents a week outside of business hours and none of them are major
- You will get trained before you join the rotation
- You will always have the ability to reach out to the rest of us if you need help
- You will support the system you build, not something you’ve never seen before
- We value our sleep so Production incidents are fixed in a way that prevents them from reoccurring
- You will be able to ask to swap shifts with other team members This additional responsibility attracts extra compensation.
- You will get paid AUD $400 for each shift.
- You will also get paid AUD $200 for each callout outside of business hours, capped to a maximum of 5 callouts per shift.