DevSecOps Cloud Data Security Engineer at bp plc (London, UK)
Location: London, UK
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-09-29 05:01:23
BP Security Engineering is a team solving security challenges on an extensive scale. We are looking for Security Engineers who are ready to address security issues across one of largest Integrated Energy Companies in the world.
BP are looking for a senior DevSecOps Cloud Data Security Engineer with a strong background in AWS or Azure used to designing, engineering, and deploying security across cloud big data and data analytics platform services.It is crucial you have strong security experience in big data management solutioning coupled with demonstrated hands-on programming and supporting solutions development experience.What you’ll be doing
- Have direct responsibility to design, engineer and deploy security features and processes responding to data platform development demands.
- Be joining bp’s Digital Security function providing security engineering capability supporting products and services across the bp business.
- Be working closely with bp’s Data Analytics & Platforms product & service owners and their teams who operate bp’s data platforms.
- Work in a multifaceted and fast paced environment built around agile and continuous improvement delivering features based on continuous integration / continuous deployment (CI/CD).
- As a senior role, you may have some people management responsibilities for bp staff or supplier security engineers.
Who are we looking for?
- Excellent cloud / data lake / data platform and associated technologies knowledge.
- Experience working in digital security across cloud platforms with a specific emphasis on working across big data / data analytics platforms.
- Strong demonstrated ‘hands on’ technical proficiency (see ‘Technical competencies’).
- Experience working across the information lifecycle.
- A good understanding and application of technology to support the regulatory environment for information management - particularly related to personal and high value data.
- A strong communicator, influencer and team player.
- A passion for continuous learning, professional development and knowledge sharing.
This role would suit an experienced senior cloud data security engineer looking to move into a role as a key influencer in an exciting and challenging environment, or a talented individual looking to step into a senior role.Technical competenciesA range of core technical proficiency / knowledge across the following domains:GeneralAzure DevOps (Build and Release Pipelines)Lambda and Kappa ArchitecturesProgrammingJava / C#PythonPowerShell / BashAWS
- ETL tools (Amazon Glue)
- Logging capabilities (CloudTrail, CloudWatch)
- Programming hosts (Lambda, EC2, EKS)
- Data (EMR, Redshift, DynamoDB, RDS, S3, Athena, Lake Formation)
- Messaging (Kafka, SNS, SQS)
and / orAzure
- ETL tools (Azure Data Factory)
- Logging capabilities (Log Analytics, App insights)
- Programming hosts (Azure Functions, Azure Batch, AKS, VMSS)
- Data (Data Bricks, Synapse, SQLDB, ADX, Cosmos DB, ADLS)
- Messaging (Event Hub, Event Grid, Service Bus, Azure Queues)
Proficiency / knowledge across some of the following domains would also be preferable:
- AWS Data Bricks
- Amazon Sagemaker
- Azure ML
- Microsoft / AWS Certified
- CISSP, CCSP, CIPT
- Stream Processing (Kinesis, Stream Analytics, Spark Structured Streaming)
At bp, we provide the following environment & benefits:
- A company culture where we respect our diverse teams and are proud of our achievements
- Possibility to join social communities and networks
- Learning and development opportunities to craft your career path
- Life & health insurance, medical care package
- And many others benefits!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.Apply now if this excites you.