Junior Full Stack Engineer at Personio (Dublin, Ireland)
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-09-30 05:00:06
At Personio we are on the amazing journey of becoming the leading HR Platform in Europe!Our Recruiting Tribe works on making our customers’ recruiting process a breeze. Our mission is to enable organizations to attract the best talent, have a seamless interview process and hire efficiently. This starts with a planning process for job positions, publishing them career pages and promoting them on different job boards, sourcing of candidates, an interview process that allows for great interactions between everyone involved, selection of the best candidates and hiring them.Join our team as a Junior Full Stack Engineer and collaborate with our Senior Engineers to shape our engineering culture and the future of our platform. You will work in an effective, autonomous feature-based team, side-by-side with best in class Software Engineers, Designers and Product Managers. Here you will improve your developer skills in a high-impact driven environment. Be involved in the full cycle of feature development (from inception to maintenance), and learn about the architecture of our complex, mission-critical HR Operating System.Our current biggest engineering challenge is to transform our legacy (PHP) monolithic systems into Kotlin microservices. We use ES6, React, and Redux for our front-end. We have a “you built it, you run it” attitude and CI/CD is our second nature - we use AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, and GitLab to implement it. While we don’t expect you to be an expert in all of these technologies already, we appreciate an open mindset and a willingness to learn.Your tasks and responsibilities in a nutshell:
- Taking end-to-end ownership and directly contributing to the Personio backend and frontend codebases as part of a product team
- Challenging current state of the codebase and applying your passion for product development
- Identifying, documenting, and communicating technical improvements within your area of responsibility in the team
- Participating in cross-team engineering initiatives as individual contributor
- Learning and discovering best engineering practices in alignment with your Mentor/Supervisor
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- At least 1 year of experience working on web applications in an agile software team gained through student work and internships or professional working experience
- Production experience with Java (or other JVM-based language) and SQL-based relational database design (Postgres / MySQL)
- Object-oriented design skills. You can express yourself in language of objects and relations—and then implement it in code
- Driven by impact. You are eager to create customer value, and learn best-practice engineering skills on the way
- Curiosity. You are eager to learn new skills and technologies. You are always seeking to improve and grow
- Proactive problem solver. You are committed to leave code and engineering practices in a better shape than when you first encountered them
- Teamplayer. You are passionate about working with international talented teammates. Your heart beats for receiving and giving feedback, to grow both personally and as an engineer
- You are excited to be involved in the delivery of low to mid complexity features and the implementation of bug-fixes
- Strong written and spoken English (level C1 on the CEFR scale)
Aside from our people, culture, and mission, there are a variety of additional benefits that help make Personio a great place to work! Work with us and receive:
- Competitive compensation package that includes salary, benefits, and pre-IPO equity
- Two Impact days you can use to have an impact on the environment and society. One day is for an individual project and one for a company-wide initiative! #SocialResponsibility
- 26 days of paid vacation + 2 days off for Christmas and New Year's Eve (because we love what we do, but we also love vacation!)
- Annual personal development budget of €1,500 for conferences, courses, books, career coach, etc.
- Regular company and team events like Oktoberfest, ski trips, Christmas parties, and more! (COVID permitting)
- Find your best way to work with office-led, remote-friendly PersonioFlex! We offer a roughly 50% remote, 50% in-office working framework to suit your needs.
- Flexibility to balance work between remote and in the office
- Comprehensive healthcare scheme covered for each permanent employee (excl. taxes).
- Pension scheme with up to 5% matching contribution
- Discounts across a range of brands so you can save money while shopping at Adidas, LG, Bosch, Apple, Dia, etc.
- Mental health support, as we know that mental wellbeing plays a major role in both our personal and professional success. #PersonioCares