Senior Front End Engineer at Chuffed.org (Sydney, Australia)
Location: Sydney, Australia
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-09-30 05:00:06
Why join Chuffed.org?
We're a purpose-led company that's amplifying the actions of ordinary people who are changing the world on issues like COVID-19, Black Lives Matter, climate change and refugee rights. To date:
- Weve helped raise $75M across 12,000 campaigns in 23 countries
- We're backed by the Blackbird Ventures
- We're based in Sydney and London
Why this role?
As part of our Engineering Team, you will play an integral role in figuring out how to get people to take action on important social issues.
- This role will suit someone who wants to be involved with the entire SDLC, being able to see results, adapt and iterate.
- You'll get to see what impact your work is having on a daily basis and learn more in 3 months than you would in 3 years in a dev shop.
- While our main HQ is in Sydney, we are currently working remotely.
- We're open to candidates in other parts of Australia working remotely.
What you'll be doing?
You'll be joining our Engineering Team in Sydney (or remote in Australia) and will be responsible for:
- Building and architecting the future of our product, a crowdfunding platform that helps social cause campaigners raise money and build community
- Making technical and infrastructure choices about how to build the product - you'll have a high degree of flexibility to choose what tech you think works
- Working towards expanding our suite of Cypress/Jest acceptance tests as well as introducing new testing methodologies.
- Instrumenting our app to collect the right data to measure the impact of experiments, gain deeper insights on how users are engaging with our product and where they're leaking out
- Working with the Engineering Team to ship code every week
As you get more familiar with the product and our customers, you'll be providing input on what product initiatives we should pursue too. In addition to this, we provide opportunities for our engineers to stay connected to our customers through mentoring sessions and events
- Compensation for this role will be competitive plus super plus equity ownership in Chuffed.org.
- You'll be able to work flexibly from home and when lockdown is over meet the team in the city (Martin Place)
- Most importantly, you'll be doing work that you'll be proud of and see the impact of it straight away
How to apply
- You can apply via Workable using the links below. Please include links to your LinkedIn profile and any Github/Bitbucket repositories or other examples of your work.
- We will interview on a rolling basis and close our hiring when we find the right person.
No recruiters, just applicants.