Senior DevOps Engineer at Zenjob (Berlin, Germany)
Location: Berlin, Germany
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-09-30 05:00:27
As a Senior DevOps Engineer (f/m/x) at Zenjob you will be working in a team with other DevOps engineers to create the platform for running all services, systems and components for Zenjob’s business. Together with your team you are responsible for operating and optimizing the platform, improving the speed, quality, security and convenience of our releases as well as taking care that the cross functional product teams have the highest level of observability of the software they have created. Beside this, you will be investigating problems, scoping and defining milestones by designing technical solutions and estimating what needs to be done.
How you will contribute
- Creating, optimizing and maintaining an optimal platform and CI/CD pipeline
- Driving automation of application deployment for production and pre-release environments.
- Defining monitoring requirements and implement automated incident resolution solutions.
- Being part of our pager-duty to quickly and efficiently troubleshoot simple and complex issues in order to provide outstanding support for internal service level objectives.
- Identifying areas for process and efficiency improvement within Platform Engineering; recommend solutions and assist in overseeing implementation. Actively facilitate continuous improvement.
- Ensuring all necessary operational processes and procedures are carried out with a high level of attention to detail, expediency and on-time delivery.
- Defining and document standard run books and operating procedures. Create and maintain system information and architecture diagrams.
- Monitoring various systems capacity and health indicators and trends; provide analytics & forecasts for added or reduced capacity as required.
- Analyzing requirements and translating them into technical solutions
- Ensuring that your solutions are aligned with our engineering principles (Simplicity, Speed, Stability, Scalability, Security)
- Owning and improving the quality and delivery of the solutions you build
- Taking part in the planning and estimation of your team’s initiatives for sprints and quarters
- Sharing your expertise and knowledge with others as well as helping them to grow
- Contributing to the tech roadmap, the tech radar and our collectives
Who you are
- You have good hands-on experience with Kubernetes and AWS
- You posses a deep knowledge of AWS tools like RDS and SQS as well as infrastructure as Code with Hashicorp Terraform
- You are proficient in monitoring highly available systems with Prometheus, Grafana, Jaeger, ELK or Loki
- You have sound knowledge in scripting with Bash and Python
- You deeply care about reliability, availability and scalability as well as automation and standardization
- You love to work in a diverse team with people from a variety of backgrounds, cultures and with different levels of experience
- You are able to balance the investment and value of the things you build
- You live up and identify yourself with the values of our company – honest, humble, helpful, hungry
We are Zenjob, a Berlin-based fast-growing digital staffing company backed by strong international investors including Acton Capital, Atlantic Labs, AXA Venture Partners, Forestay Capital, and Redalpine Venture Partners. Our technological staffing solution is used daily by thousands of students and hundreds of well-known brands in sectors such as e-commerce, logistics, fashion retail, food retail, and hospitality.
Having recently closed our $30m Series C financing round, we will continue a rapid roll-out of our services across Germany and beyond into the international market.
For us at Zenjob our culture is our key to success. We live every day by our four values: honest, humble, hungry and helpful. We embrace inclusiveness as the core element to shape diverse and therefore powerful teams.
Engineering at Zenjob
Technology is core to Zenjob's vision. Our engineers from all over the world are building the services that power our platform – our mobile and web apps, our matching core, and the digital document management system. Engineering works alongside Product to support every department to create value for our users and customers. We love to adopt new technologies, and strive for ownership and excellence to build the work platform of the future. To achieve this goal, we base everything we do on our 5 engineering principles: speed, simplicity, stability, scalability and security.
Zenjob wants to create a great experience for both talents looking for work, and companies searching for part-time help. To meet our users needs we are organised into two value streams with multiple cross-functional teams. A third value stream provides the infrastructure, as well as shared services.
On top of that, we are building an internal engineering community that supports our growing team and maintains best practices and technical excellence throughout the department. Building a large scale platform is not only a technical challenge, but an exciting social and organisational one as well.
Bring Your Whole Self to Zenjob
We know that diverse teams build better products, and we care to create a welcoming environment for everyone. With this in mind, we want to build our teams, cultivate leaders and create an innovative and successful company. This is a special shoutout to people from underrepresented groups to come shaping the future of work with us!
Our tech stack
Our platform is powered by AWS, Kubernetes, Istio, Terraform and Docker. These tools form the foundation that allow us to deploy and scale fast and easily. Everything is monitored and logged by Prometheus and Grafana including request tracing for better observability.
Our microservices and backends are running on Nodejs, and Javawith Spring Boot and Groovy, which include easy-to-use templates for new microservices.
On the client-side we run on React and Redux with the help of a Microfrontends for the web, while we use Swift for iOS and Kotlinfor our Android Apps.
We test our software by using Selenium, JUnit, Spock, and React-testing-library.
We store data in various persistence technologies like Kafka-Streams, Postgres and Redis, while also using SQS and REST for both asynchronous and immediate service-communication. We make use of technologies like ElasticSearch to perfectly match talents to the right job.
We empower our teams to experiment with new technologies by using our Technology Radar, in order to give great user experience for our customers. The insights we gain from our users flow back into our product development through A/B testing and constant feedback.
- Flexible working hours
- Relocation support and visa sponsorship
- Diverse and inclusive workplace
- Free catering once a week
- Yearly personal conference budget
- Free language courses
- Great equipment
- Free drinks & fruits
- Collaboration on choice of technology
- Collectives & meetups to learn and improve
If this sounds good, then we’d love to hear from you