Principal Site Reliability Engineer at FiscalNote (Stafford, TX)
Location: Stafford, TX
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-09-30 05:01:31
About the Position
Our team has a wealth of diverse life and career experiences that allow us to think outside of the box and ahead of the curve. As a Principal Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) at FiscalNote, you will pioneer industry-leading technologies and toolsets to enable our developers to innovate in record time. You will have the opportunity to create, evolve, scale, integrate, fortify, and automate our deployment pipeline and services to solve unique and constantly iterating engineering challenges.
About the Team
Our industry, now more than ever, is built upon the principles of rapid innovation; agile development and testing, continuous deployment, and ultimately faster time to market for applications. The SRE team at FiscalNote is a core driver of these principles. The team is searching for an expert engineer with proven experience in owning projects, identifying and leading implementation of new technology, developing standards, and mentoring team members. Site Reliability is central to the operations of the entire department, and as such, the successful candidate will have input to technology and implementation decisions across the organization.
As a Principal SRE, you will get the opportunity to grow and develop an SRE team at an organization pushing the boundaries of open data transparency, while collaborating with some of the industrys brightest engineers and data scientists to devise, nurture, and implement cutting-edge solutions to unique problems.
You're excited by complex challenges and interested in using your technical expertise to devise innovative solutions. Take broad complex problems and have a desire to architect, design, and establish forward-thinking solutions.
Considering US locations only for this position and time zone requirements may apply in order to address team and business needs.
What to Expect in this Position:
- Lead and own major projects to transform our technology stack
- Champion revolutionary development, create new solutions, and keep ahead of industry design
- Identify and implement enterprise-class solutions
- Work with cross-functional teams to design, implement and support new products and features including Snowflake, Kafka, and Databricks
- Identify and implement standards and best practices
- Mentor team members
- Ability to quickly troubleshoot and resolve issues independently
- Migrate antique deployed code to new, evolved nice code independently without someone helping stuff (rewrite me)
What Sets You Apart:
- 10+ years experience working in an engineering or development role
- 5+ years experience in a DevOps or SRE role
- Expert knowledge of Cloud technologies, experience with AWS is strongly preferred
- Experience with at least one programming language (Python, Ruby on Rails, Golang), exposure to Node.js is preferred
- Exposure to Cloud Monitoring tools such as Datadog
- Containerized Applications and Orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes/EKS, Containerd, ECS, etc)
- Git (Github, Bitbucket)
- Strong comprehension of CI/CD processes
- Configuration Management and Cloud Provisioning Tools (Ansible, Terraform, Jenkins, Github Actions, CircleCI, CloudFormation)
- Queueing Systems (RabbitMQ / SQS) experience preferred
- Databases and Caching Systems (Postgres, DynamoDB, Redis, Memcached) experience preferred
- Experience with Web Protocols and Services (SSL/TLS, DNS, NGINX, Apache, HTTP / HTTP/2)
- Understanding of Network and Security best practices
- Demonstrated experience automating infrastructure in a self-service environment
- Exposure to navigating complex migrations involving legacy code and structure to architecture
- Elasticsearch experience preferred
FiscalNote is the premier information services company focused on global policy and market intelligence. By combining AI technology, expert analysis, and legislative, regulatory, and geopolitical data, FiscalNote is reinventing the way that organizations minimize risk and capitalize on opportunity.
Home to CQ, Roll Call, Oxford Analytica, and VoterVoice, FiscalNote empowers more than 5,000 clients worldwide to monitor, manage, and act on the issues that matter most to them. To learn more about FiscalNote and its family of brands, visit FiscalNote.com and follow @FiscalNote.
At FiscalNote, we Lead with Values
Know your Audience Find the Truth Drive Alignment Level Up Own the Job Bias for Action Support the Family
FiscalNote is continuing to hire new talent, with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. New team members, along with our current staff, will temporarily work remotely (unless communicated otherwise).
If your background and experience align with the competencies above, we encourage you to apply so that we can review your experience and learn more about how you can add to FiscalNotes growth and success.
FiscalNote offers competitive salaries, equity packages, and retirement accounts to ensure were all FN owners. We work hard, so our open vacation policy helps us ensure youre getting the R&R you need. We offer comprehensive health, vision, and dental insurance options supplemented by a flexible spending account (FSA). We have a slew of other benefits which you can check out at careers.FiscalNote.com.
FiscalNote values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age. FiscalNote is an EEOC employer.
FiscalNote uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all new employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.DHS.gov/E-Verify.