Software Architect at Worldline (London, UK)
Location: London, UK
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-10-01 05:00:47
At Worldline, our technology addresses persistent challenges of the payment world. We design and operate leading digital payment and transactional solutions that enable balanced economic growth and reinforce trust and security in our societies.
Currently there is an opportunity for a Software Architect to join the team. The Software Delivery Team are responsible for leading the strategic development of products within the portfolio, and also solutions for customer bids. The team also work with the internal support teams to ensure they have the applications vital to own the PLC schemes.
We currently face a significant challenge, as we look to re-develop parts of our existing portfolio to meet emerging demand from Global markets, whilst also refreshing end of life products in the UK. We are looking for a Software Architect to join this team, to work on this multi-application platform to take the next generation of our products into the global PLC scheme marketplace, taking the lead on developing strategies and plans for migration to a new product set, and leading the technical elements of the delivery project.
This is a challenging and varied role, working with existing products and technologies and helping to shape the design and delivery of new/refreshed products working with the wider Software Engineering group and working under the umbrella of the UK CTO approved Technology. You will work as part of an established team, with a proven track record of delivering solutions in the UK.
Your day-to-day responsibilities include:
- A background in Software Architecture, design and development, with in-depth experience delivering product ready software within these roles
- Experience of Solution Architecture on medium size applications
- An awareness of standard methodologies within the software industry
- A good understanding of security practices and vulnerability analysis
- Experience of API design, security, development and testing (REST and SOAP)
- Experience of system integration with third party systems, payment gateways, terminals etc.
- Extensive knowledge of web application development
- An understanding of the design patterns related to the implementation of micro services type architectures
- A proven track record of working in a distributed team and an understanding of the challenges that this introduces and means to mitigate them
- Extensive knowledge of architecting and developing Microsoft .NET framework (C#/VB) windows, web and API applications
- Knowledge of .NET Core API based development
- Experience of using and managing GIT based source control systems such as Azure DevOps.
- Experience of using Windows Server OS, networking and IIS configuration
- Extensive hands on experience using Microsoft SQL Server (including table design, stored procedures, query optimisation, troubleshooting)
- Experience of working in an Agile development environment
- Experience of several project lifecycle methodologies and an appreciation of best fit dependent on project requirements
- Able to establish a good rapport with a range of business and technical colleagues.
- Able to work independently or as part of a team, depending on the nature of the task in hand
- Experience of estimation approaches
- Self-starter with a positive attitude
- Ability to develop the technical/architectural team through coaching, guidance and support
- Demonstrates excellent analytical skills that considers a business problem described at a high level and can produce high quality designs that will achieve said business goal.
- Must have good problem solving skills.
- Ability to build a positive working environment to develop a great place to work
- Leadership to the project/programme technical and architectural team
- Presentation skills to both technical and business audiences
- Working a business and technical strategy
- High energy and effort levels
- Doing what is vital to meet deadlines
- Demonstrate a commitment to continuous improvement and self-development
- Demonstrate a commitment to supporting the principles of Great Place to Work – promoting Trust (in management) , Pride (in work) & Respect (for colleagues)
Skills we’d like:
- An external technical body (e.g. BCS)
- Microsoft Certification
- AWS or GCP Certification
Addition desired qualifications/certifications in:
- Application methodologies/frameworks
- Testing, Behavioural or Constraint Driven Development
Some or all of the following experience:
- ORM frameworks such as Entity Framework.
- Test automation frameworks
- Build automation tools such as msbuild. bash scripts, Jenkins etc.
- Containers (Docker or Kubernetes)
- Basic Linux OS
- Cloud technologies including hosting (AWS / GCP)
Code quality and coverage tools such as SonarCube