Fullstack Engineer at NN Bank at NN Group N.V. (Den Haag, Netherlands)
Location: Den Haag, Netherlands
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-10-01 05:01:15
Your role is of great importance, because you are the one who will shape and simplify new and existing solutions into innovative and meaningful experiences. These solutions make our mortgages more scalable, manageable and intuitive for both consumers and intermediaries. By doing so, we work on our purpose: to help people care for what is most important to them. To achieve this, NN Bank is currently undergoing a digital transformation, by adopting an engineering attitude. We are at the starting point of a great journey, and are looking for people like you who help drive this change.This Full Stack Engineer job offers you a monthly salary of €4,400 - €6,000 based on a 40-hour week, depending on your knowledge and experience.
Your impact as a Full Stack Engineer at NN Bank
You will join a cross-functional team. Our mission is innovation. You are going to work with technologies and tools like Node.js, React, Typescript, AWS, serverless, GraphQL and more. These tools help you create new features and convert/expand functionality in pre-existing applications.
You are eager to learn new things and you share your knowledge enthusiastically with your colleagues. You are curious and you value feedback, for yourself and others, because you understand feedback helps all of us grow.
- The code you write is beautiful, efficient and optimized
- You realise an effective collaboration and you coach colleagues
- You make sure deployment of software increments is tested and automated through CI/CD pipelines
- You make sure the cloud resources are well designed, optimized and scalable
Who you are
An all-round Software Engineer able to work comfortably on both back-end and front-end projects. You preferably have the ability to develop high-quality code and have high-quality engineering standards. Your curiosity ensures you actively acquire new skills, new methods and processes to make our customers even happier. You have a passion for technology and continuous improvement and learning and you are able to push the team to reach our common goals. Furthermore, you have:
- At least 6 years of working experience in a similar role
- A passion for automating and implementing recurring tasks, testing and security in CI/CD systems
- Knowledge of how to work in an Agile environment where collaboration and continuous improvements are the foundations
You are going to be part of a team of unique awesome individuals with different backgrounds and cultures. We embrace diversity as an instrument to produce an even richer experience for both colleagues and customers. You and your team members take ownership of the team results and are not afraid to make mistakes, share them and learn from them. We are proud of what we accomplish and celebrate our successes.
Nationale-Nederlanden Bank (NN Bank) is a fast-growing bank within NN group, a financial provider with both insurances as well as banking services. NN Bank is a retail bank servicing customers with mortgages, consumer loans, savings and investment solutions within the Netherlands. NN Bank has the ambition to be the best, digital, data-driven relation bank within the Netherlands, helping customers to secure their financial future. We believe that by delivering a truly excellent customer experience we will be able to wow both our customers and intermediary partners.
We have started upon this great journey and are looking for Full Stack Engineers who help drive the change needed to become this customer-focused, digital and data-driven bank, using technology to truly make the difference.
It is important to us that you continue to develop yourself. We give you the space and the confidence to grow in your career as well as a person. We help you with:
- Plenty of training and learning opportunities in our Learning & Development Centre
- A large (international) network of colleagues who are keen to share their knowledge with you
- The autonomy to set out your own development path
You are more than a colleague and that is something we understand very well at NN. You have many roles in life, leading to different choices. At NN we give you the opportunity to select employee benefits that are important to you. For instance, buying additional leave days and flexible working hours. In consultation with your manager and your direct colleagues, you are able to work out of any location at any time. You get enough flexibility to adjust your working pattern to your personal needs. Also part of the benefits are (currently online) sports lessons and a special allowance to set up your home office and internet use. In addition, you will receive:
- Salary between €4,400 and €6,000 based on a 40-hour week depending on your knowledge and experience
- Collective pension scheme with a personal contribution of only 6%
- 216 hours of leave, based on a 40-hour week and one Diversity Day
- Holiday allowance and a 13th month, paid with your monthly salary
- NS Business Card 2nd class, which gives you unlimited travel 7 days a week. Do you prefer to travel with your own transport? Then you can declare the kilometres travelled for business and commuting.
Because of Covid-19, all NN colleagues are currently working from home fully digitally. It is currently not yet clear when we can return to the office. The official location for this job is Rotterdam, where our office is located next to Rotterdam Central station, above the Nationale-Nederlanden DE Café. The café is an ideal spot for a good cup of coffee. You can enjoy a healthy lunch in our staff restaurant and we also offer a range of Asian dishes.
Will you be our new colleague?
If you are enthusiastic about this vacancy and think that you would be a good fit for the team at NN, we would like to invite you to apply. We are very keen to find out who you are, what motivates you and what you can contribute to this role at NN.
If you have any questions about the vacancy, you can reach out via Marcel van Rijn, via 06-23524578.