Frontend Engineer (Remote , +3/-3 CET hours) at Pento () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-10-02 05:00:31
Frontend Engineer (Remote , +3/-3 CET hours)
At Pento we're building a better, faster, and more modern way for companies to run and automate payroll. We've just raised our series A of $15.6M to bring the future of payroll to even more companies and we're looking for a full-time Frontend Engineer to join our growing team. Your mission is to help us help our customers, by ensuring we are building a world class product.
We’re looking for a Frontend Engineer who cares deeply about building captivating user experiences while challenging our thinking on software architecture. Someone with a passion for building beautiful products, and that are always up for a challenge.
This is an opportunity to join a team of talented problem solvers, looking at untangling a complex problem and finding a simple solution. Through your work, you will have a direct impact on how people get paid, by helping us take Pento to the next level and building seamless experiences for our customers.
Our tech stack
We build and host our application using modern and reliable technologies like React, GraphQL, Golang, PostgreSQL, Docker and Kubernetes. On top of that we also have our own built in-house technologies, like our design system, that not only facilitates the collaboration between our Product Designers and Frontend Engineers, but also stimulates coherence and speed in all our Frontend development.
What will you be doing?
- You will research, develop and document new software solutions;
- You will work closely with both product and design to understand our customers' needs and iterate on findings to deliver a great user experience throughout our platform;
- You will contribute to growing, improving and maintaining our own in-house design system through adding new components and documentation;
- You will collaborate with the product engineering team in an agile manner;
- You will take operational responsibility for the code that you write over the entire software development life cycle;
- You will provide support on our production code, from customer related operations to bug fixing.
We'd love to hear from you if
- You have a few years of professional experience in software engineering, working in a team environment;
- You have experience in frontend development, building, running and debugging web applications;
- You are familiar with defining and building GraphQL APIs;
- You are passionate about great design and user experience.
...or even if you miss experience in some of the technologies mentioned above but are whiling to learn them
What can you expect?
- Competitive salary;
- Tech and equipment of your choice;
- The opportunity to join an early stage tech company on an incredible trajectory;
- An equity option plan so you can benefit from our success;
- Remote working and flexibility.
What it's like working at Pento
We're a technology company, not an
accountancy, payroll bureau, or similar. We build beautiful payroll software that automates all manual workflows and we usually help companies cut 50-80% off the time they spend on payroll. That means no spreadsheets, no e-mails, and no manual bank transfers. We've built an easy-to-use software product, that does all of this automatically.
You can see a short video by our co-founder and CEO, Jonas, here:
Why now is a really exciting time to join
- Payroll hasn’t been disrupted since… ever
- Every company runs payroll, but very few companies are happy with their current process
- Pento makes payroll up to 80% more efficient (we are probably conservative here)
- We already see strong inbound demand from companies all over the UK
- Our customers love Pento - our NPS is above 70 (check our Trustpilot by the way)
You can learn more about what we are all about and how we like to work here:
Hi there Pento Home is where we document and share everything that makes Pento, Pento. Most of it is public - feel free to take a look around