Lead Front End Engineer at Demand.io (Los Angeles, CA)
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-10-02 05:00:34
If you're a UI engineer with passion for design and creating the best user experiences - we want to talk to you. When you join us, you'll be partnering with the Heads of Product and Technology to bring this vision to life by developing world class user experiences that engage millions of consumers across the world. We're looking for someone who carries a strong user-focused mindset with an interest in solving real world problems. You’ll need to be comfortable dealing with lots of moving pieces and carry the horsepower and zeal to jump between prototyping future concepts and leading day-to-day execution of front end projects at a high velocity.
It's critical that we serve consumers wherever they are, which means possessing an exquisite attention to detail and embracing learning new technologies and systems. There's a lot of work to do to become THE shopping tool for consumers, and we'd love you to be a part of it.
About the role
You'll architect your work with rendering performance and accessibility in mind and be responsible for developing our design system that can be leveraged by other engineers with a mobile-first approach.
What you'll do:
- Build and launch new capabilities and products that bring significant value to customers
- Develop intuitive, adaptable and accessible user interfaces
- Lead the architecture and development of our design system that enables us to quickly launch new experiences across our different apps
- Develop functional prototypes for conceptualizing new user experiences that serve our mission and shape the future of the product roadmap
- Collaborate with design to develop standards for animations and interaction models that bolster storytelling and bring delight to customers
What’s in it for you:
- Express your creativity and build amazing user interfaces
- Work on a modern web app, choosing and applying the latest and greatest in technology
- Collaborate in a team environment, with a variety of developers across the world
Who we believe will do great in this role:
- A zeal for the web as a storytelling medium, demonstrable through a portfolio of high-profile and/or high-traffic websites with rich content and interaction layers that stand out
- 5+ years of relevant web full-stack development at an innovative, product-driven company
- Experience developing design systems built on reusable web components and architect reliable, performant and scalable solutions
- Ability to optimize for user experience and page performance across commonly used browsers
- Advanced knowledge of modern HTML and CSS with the ability to develop using frameworks like ReactJS and Vue
- A deep passion for UI development and ability to ingest specs from Product, Design & UX and make sound interpretations to elevate the experience to the next level with little oversight
Bonus points if you have:
- A passion for design and building amazing user experience
- Experience working in a high-traffic environment.
- Understanding of SEO concepts.
- Solid understanding of web caching strategies and use of CDN.
- Experience using server side rendering
- Experience of configuring Webpack and setting it up from scratch.
- Experience working in fast paced companies.
Alongside your application please include
- An online portfolio of example web projects you've built
Demand.io is a fast-paced, innovative e-commerce startup who's not afraid to tackle the big disruptions that are shaping the future of shopping. We've been building products to serve consumers, brands and creators for over a decade. With our team of senior product leaders supported by talented ICs and remote specialists, we identify emerging trends in consumer technology and create tools that inspire, inform and delight millions of shoppers.
Our network includes market-leading properties such SimplyCodes (https://simplycodes.com), the best browser tool for finding working discount codes, Favely (https://favely.com), an emerging leader in influencer commerce, and Knoji (https://knoji.com), a community-driven reviews platform. We reach millions of shoppers and our products drive over a billion dollars in annual e-commerce transaction volume.
We run on lean startup and lean UX principles to build products at scale with a small but agile team. Comprised of senior product leaders supported by talented ICs and a team of remote specialists, we formulate hypotheses and drive towards MVP to validate on real-world data and iterate towards product market fit. In a nutshell, we're a perennial startup, continuously innovating and obsessed with creating customer value.