Software Engineer at ENSEK (Melbourne, Australia) (allows remote)
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-10-02 05:00:37
We are the software behind your energy supplier
At ENSEK we make and manage the tech that energy suppliers rely on to manage all their interactions with their gas and electricity customers.
Think about the energy supplier you are with. They can use our critical software as the backbone of their service to you. This allows them to onboard you as a new customer, handle your meter readings, let you analyse your usage and bills, as well as taking your payments at a lower cost to them and to customers just like you.
The types of energy supply businesses we work with can range from mid-sized, challenger brands, through to global enterprise suppliers. They come to us at ENSEK, because our software, our services and our people are game changers. We offer a total service at a much lower cost than traditional providers with no loss of customer engagement or satisfaction. As you can imagine, that makes us hot property in the energy supply world, and we are expanding rapidly as a result.
We are demystifying and simplifying
To understand where we fit in this highly complex market, think of how easy it is for you to order an Uber, complete online banking, or buy something on Amazon for next day delivery. As consumers with busy lives, we expect things immediately, and at ENSEK, we are working hard to demystify the energy industry and reduce complexity, so it can respond in the same way.
We are driving decarbonisation and democratisation
Looking ahead in our marketplace, you can add the increasing, global uptake of solar panels, the purchasing of electric vehicles, and the growth of battery storage. These are all exciting initiatives that we are working on right now. We want to give energy suppliers the opportunity to build for this new energy future and give energy consumers, like you, the chance to live a greener lifestyle and, importantly, make more choices about how you use your energy.
As we hope you can see. It’s a very exciting time to join a company and an industry that has a very bright future.
- Design, develop and implement technical solutions that support day-to-day operations with assistance from Senior and Lead Software Engineers
- Coach and mentor more junior members of the software engineering team, for example placement students.
- Work with your team of Engineers, Business Analysts and Product Owner to understand and evaluate complex business models
- Peer review fellow software engineers' work, offering constructive feedback where relevant
- Working with your team, you will support client and internal queries in relation to your specialist domain, helping resolve issues that might impact service delivery
- Deliver clean code that aligns with our software engineering best practices
- Contribute to your team’s scrum ceremonies, including daily stand-ups, sprint planning, refinement and retrospectives.
To you, agile is more than just a buzzword. You’ll be onboard with agile and experienced in its use. You’ll understand the problems it sets out to overcome, the importance of communication and the value of iterative development.
You may not have all the answers to solve any given problem, but you know how to tackle a challenge head on. Using all the resources at your disposal, you can hunt down proposed solutions and collaboratively implement a working solution.
Holiday: 20 days + Australian Bank Holidays.
Hours: Your ordinary hours of work are 38hours per week to be worked 5 days per week, Monday to Friday and between the Company’s normal office hours of 8am to 6pm, plus reasonable additional hours as are necessary to complete your work.
Home Working: This is a home-based role. We have office space in Melbourne and would try to get some regular team meets, catch ups and client contact